Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate Sleep Log? Change your settings!

Hi sleepy Community members!

Does your sleep log look something like this?

sleep log restless.png

If you think your log is inaccurate when it shows this much restlessness, you're not alone! A lot of Fitbit users have sleep logs like this, and many times it's due to the fact that Sleep settings are on "Sensitive" mode instead of "Normal" mode. A little about these two modes:

• The normal setting counts significant movements as being awake (such as rolling over) and is appropriate for most users.
  • The sensitive setting will cause your tracker to record nearly all movements as time spent awake. This setting may be helpful for users with sleep disorders, or those who wear their tracker somewhere other than the wrist while asleep.

We strongly suggest that most users use the Normal setting. To change your settings to Normal, follow these steps, or visit our help article!

• To change your setting in the Fitbit iOS app, go to Account Advanced Settings > Sleep Sensitivity.
  • To change your setting in the fitbit.com dashboard, go to Settings > Devices > scroll down to Sleep Tracking.

I hope this helps - let me know if you have any trouble changing this setting or if you have seen a difference in the accuracy of your sleep log after switching!

Best Answer
522 REPLIES 522

Thank you for this! 

I changed my setting to sensitive thinking that this was the suggested setting. It made me nervous when I began seeing the number of actual sleep hours decreased throughout the year.  (I went from 4hrs to 3hrs each night). 

I was contemplating on seeing a medical personnel before this thread. Thank you!

Best Answer
Hi,
I lost 20 lbs. and my fitbit seems to be recording my sleep fairly well.
Tuner
Best Answer

I have a fit bit.  The entire purpose that I got it was to log my sleep patterns.  The device does not seem to download my sleep information.  I have tried resetting the fit bit, changing it from normal to sensitive and back again and still nothing.  Any suggestions?  I hate to think I wasted my money.

Best Answer

Which type do you have? @XOXOs

Allie
Best Answer

fitbit Flex

Best Answer

I don't think Flex has the sleep stages feature. It tracks sleep but with the old type of reporting.

Allie
Best Answer

Which is the issue - it is not tracking at all unless I go in an manually enter it into the log, which is not why I bought the silly thing.  I was told it would track my sleep patterns automatically as long as I wore the wristband at night.  It is doing nothing.  😞

Best Answer

I have the Fitbit charge 2 and it tracks my sleep only can see results if I sync into my account

Best Answer

That is the issue - it syncs my steps (i.e. works as a pedometer), but does not sync my sleep.  I have reset the device and uninstalled/reinstalled the program to no avail.  😞

Best Answer

Good for you. I got on CPAP in the 90's for the same reasons (plus I was going to sleep everytime I drove) Its well worth the aggrivation of getting used to using it. international trading

Best Answer
Contact customer service.
Best Answer
Hi
Charge 2
Best Answer

I have the same problem. The Help adviser suggested restarting Fitbit. I have done so and also changed to sensitive and back to normal. Hoping this does it

Best Answer

My setting is Normal but I still cannot see the Sleep Log, since I got my Fitbit it has only showed the sleep log three nights - what to do?

Best Answer
Hi. Contact support
Best Answer

My setting is "normal."  Log stops when I get up for nightly bathroom trip- or- If I can't sleep &go to kitchen for glass of milk, etc.  It seems to start recording as if I'm just starting a new night's sleep?  Has anyone else had these problems or suggestions for corrections?  

Best Answer

On the odd occasion, I also have "blank spots" in the night's sleep record where I wake up and leave the bed. If I put the Fitbit on my arm where it's supposed to be, it slips down to a smaller part of the wrist when I awake and if I don't slide it back up when I get in bed again, it has the blank spots. So I'm assuming it MUST be in a certain position to read my pulse. I'm guessing, but you might try that.

Best Answer
Hi
I get blank times a lot. I do have sleep disorders though. The records are better since Fitbit replaced my original.
Tuner
Best Answer

Mine doesn't slip down in fact it moves up & wakes me because it has gotten so tight on my arm!  Very uncomfortable to wear if I had realized just how uncomfortable I never would have purchased!

Best Answer

I have had my fitbit set a normal for sleep but it stills starts tabulating well into the night. Last night it noted that I slept from 7 to 8 am only. I am quite sure that is inaccurate.

Best Answer