Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long nap not tracked

ANSWERED

I am jetlagged, as I just came back from a trip. Last night, I went to an early dinner, had a glass of wine and when I came back about 21:30, I fell asleep until about 23:30. Then I got up, worked for a bit and went back to bed at about 1 or so.

My Versa never registered the two hours of sleep I got between 21:30 and 23:30. They were not added to the previous night's sleep, nor to today's.

This is a significant amount of sleep and I feel that it should be tracked. I have read that FitBit track three hours and over, but it doesn't make much sense to me, since many people take shorter naps, and my previous smart watches generally were able to track the occasional nap. FitBit generally seems better at sleep tracking than my previous devices, but this is a major omission.

I have it set to "Normal," because when I tried "Sensitive," it missed large segments of sleep during the night.

Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The 3 hours is to get sleep stages.

One hour should be cutoff to get sleep recognized without stages.  It should have been recognized.  I have seen naps between 1 and 3 hours recognized but I guess sometimes it misses it, maybe if you were particularly restless and wrist moving.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

The 3 hours is to get sleep stages.

One hour should be cutoff to get sleep recognized without stages.  It should have been recognized.  I have seen naps between 1 and 3 hours recognized but I guess sometimes it misses it, maybe if you were particularly restless and wrist moving.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Thanks. I've accepted this as a solution, since I didn't know about the one hour minimum (thought it was three, and didn't realize it was for stages 🙂

I manually edited the start time to 9pm the previous day and the algorithm kind of figured it out -- it marked the time I was asleep as "light sleep" and the time I was working as "awake."

Good enough, but I hope it's better at automatically detecting sleep.

Hoping that once the sleep score beta ends, Fitbit will push the feature to the rest of us and that it will increase sleep tracking accuracy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found this, in the watch go to settings then quiet mode, scroll down to schedule, tap; it'll open a window where it mentions non-scheduled sleep. There is an off-on option with hours to be set; from there I don't know what or how it does whatever. Worth exploring.

Best Answer
0 Votes