Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low HR Occasionally During Sleep

On a couple occasions my Fitbit 2 has logged a low HR for a short period of time while sleeping. I'm not sure if the Fitbit lost 'signal' for a few moments and the HR is an average of what was collected including non-read zero BPM's. I do normally have a low resting HR (bradycardia) and possible apnea, so I'm wondering if a low read could be legit. Doctor's appointment in a couple weeks and I'm going to present this to him, but looking for some opinions prior.
47 bpm 09142019.jpg38 bpm 08212019.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi, @MarkF48 , it is good that you are seeing your physician and discussing this with them, as only they know your fill details.  Over the internet you will only get a general idea...

So, having said that, generally speaking a low heart rate is a good thing.  It means your heart is doing less work.  Less work means it will last longer...  A low heartrate while sleeping also suggests deep relaxation: another good thing!  So there is much more reason to be happy than to be worried...

However, you should also remember that Fitbits, while they can help give you a lot of insight into your general health, your activity levels, and your sleep, they are not medical devices.  It’s best to look at general trends rather than individual, one off readings.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer