Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eat right before going to sleep

Typical sleep advice tells you to avoid meals before bed. For me, the reverse applies. I can’t sleep if I’m hungry or even a bit snack-y.

And I’ve tried all the warm milk, carb-heavy remedies that people often suggest. The only thing that does help? Plain, unsweetened yogurt.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I think this is good advice for everyone — unless you’re battling a serious sleep disorder. Then it might be wise to seek medical help.

But for the occasional night when you just can’t get to sleep or stay in that sweet REM phase, don’t worry so much. You’ll get through it.

The next morning, give yourself permission to go a little slower, if at all possible.

For example, if I stared at the ceiling all night, I don’t push myself to make major business decisions. I pay bills, read relevant articles, and do less brain-intensive tasks. I remember that tonight will likely be better.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Might be for you but not for me. I cant eat before I go to sleep. The kitchen was closed after dinner

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

FYI. Bold looks like you are yelling at me

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

sleep plays a crucial role in cleaning out the brain each night. While these toxins can be flushed out during waking hours, researchers have found that clearance during sleep is as much as two-fold faster than during waking hours.

67518170_2356293661356256_4204946761455763456_n.jpg 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would love to find ways to help me fall asleep and stay asleep that doesn't involve medications. The problem I have with not eating two hours prior to bedtime is that that is the only time I have.

I work from 9 to 5. It takes me an hour to get home. So after arriving home, changing out of my work clothes, taking a breathe and then preparing dinner its usually 7ish. I go to bed at 9.

So my choices are eating a large breakfast and lunch and no dinner; or eating two hours before bedtime.

Any suggestions? 🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes