Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Restoration score

The image here is what about half my nights look like. Despite having a sleeping heart rate of 51 bpm and sometimes less, I lose a lot of points to the Restoration score, due to this being above my RHR.

Fitbit measures my RHR usually between 48 and 52.

How much of a health issue is this, and what lifestyle or health factors might be contributing to it?

Screenshot_20230507_082418.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Right below sleep score on phone app, it has explanation of Restoration with suggestions "For a Restful Sleep"

and links to meditations to do before bed.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Specky   It's hard to read your graph details because of its size.  Can you edit it and enlarge it?  The reason I'm asking is something looks wrong with the display.  On my Restoration graph, everything above the middle dashed line is light lavender and everything below it is dark

IMG_0206.jpeg

The dashed line is at 53, my RHR that day.  That's high for me. The top and bottom lines balance out the graph.  To me, if the colors were right, your sleeping heart rate is below your RHR more than 90% of the time.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. I think the graph is correct actually.

Screenshot_20230507_205257.jpg

Unfortunately something compresses the file leaving a very low quality image. Can you see this one better? My dashed line is at 49: my RHR for the day. Most of my sleep is above 49, with an average of 51 yesterday.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Specky   Thanks for the new screenshot.  Your graph has more lines than mine.  I personally don't put a lot of weight on that graph as a major determinant of sleep quality.  There are several external factors that affect sleeping heart rate that have nothing to do with sleep quality.  Help article  I pay more attention to my deep sleep, REM sleep, and percent tossing and turning to judge my sleep quality.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Maybe ios vs Android?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is also very low. Especially when compared over the month. Let me know if you find a way to improve it. 

1000030437.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine looks almost exactly like yours on my monthly sleep profile every month, and I play tennis 3 to 4 times a week. I just ignore the restorative data at this point.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the feedback! Maybe we will find more similar profiles.
Is your resting heart rate also on the low side of normal - I wonder if
that plays a part. Mine is 60 on average.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, my resting heart rate is around 62 on average.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not the first time I have seen this complaint. Others with daily resting heart rates below 65 get lower restorative scores at night as well, and some of them are athletes. This is why I have decided not to put too much worry into this data point.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I believe the restoration score looks at the amount of time when sleeping
HR is lower than average HR. If our normal HR is already pretty low, it is
likely throwing off the calcs.
Best Answer