Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Night shift work and sleep logs

ANSWERED

I have Google pixel watch 2. I work nights from midnight till 9:00 a.m. The watch works great tracking my steps, however, when I come home and sleep from 9:00 a.m. till 3:00 p.m. (ISH) it does not track any sleep.

Regularly. I will also have a sleep (nap) from 9:30 p.m. till 11:30 p.m. this does not get tracked either.

I've had smart watches, that were not Fitbit, and they were all capable of tracking my sleep, this watch does not. I'm confident it's a Fitbit issue.

Absolutely ruined the watch for me.

No solution? shall I just return it? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

So here's the update / solution...

I've trialed different things this week to get it working consistently.

1) don't go sleep with less that 30% watch battery. Power saver seems to effect it.

2) Buy a strap that you can COMFORTABLY AND SECURELY fit, nice and tight so it won't move when you shake your wrist vigorously.

3) don't check for your sleep log when you wake up, get OUT OF BED for at least 15 mins and then sync your watch and the log will appear.

now it consistently tracks my naps and sleep. I hope this helps someone in the same vote I was.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Mattyyey. Welcome to our community. I moved your post to the Sleep well board, removedt the other posts, and will help you with your sleep query.

Regularly the sleep should be tracked during the day but naps should appear when you take one. 

I'd recommend checking help article: How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?

Best Answer

Thank you Andrea. There's no denying I'm a restless sleeper, and have already switched it to sensitive mode before posting on here.

I had last night off and went to sleep at a "normal time" and it did track that. 

I've reread the article and I'll try tightening the wrist band before bed Monday daytime, see if that helps... 

EDIT: I've just ordered a metal wristband to replace this silicone one. I find when a silicone one is too tight I can feel my pulse 😂

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us @Mattyyey. I'm glad that you got a sleep record on your night off and I think that changing your wristband could help too. 

Thank you for rereading the article and following its instructions. 

Let me know how it goes tightening the wristband. Have a nice weekend. 

Best Answer

So here's the update / solution...

I've trialed different things this week to get it working consistently.

1) don't go sleep with less that 30% watch battery. Power saver seems to effect it.

2) Buy a strap that you can COMFORTABLY AND SECURELY fit, nice and tight so it won't move when you shake your wrist vigorously.

3) don't check for your sleep log when you wake up, get OUT OF BED for at least 15 mins and then sync your watch and the log will appear.

now it consistently tracks my naps and sleep. I hope this helps someone in the same vote I was.

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for sharing the steps that worked for you @Mattyyey.

Also, thank you for selecting your post as the best answer. It could be useful for other users.

Happy holidays! 

Best Answer

I really want to thank you so much for posting what worked for you! Seriously, thank you! As a fellow vampire (I sleep during the day) and a totally new user of Fitbit, Pixel devices, and smartwatches (Google Pixel Watch 2 along with the Pixel 8 Pro), I could NOT, for the life of me, seemingly get my sleep to track. It would just say I was "restless" the entire duration and that I got 0 hours of sleep. It tracked 1 night out of the week I tested it, by some fluke. The biggest difference for me was your solution #3, to wait 15 minutes and not check my sleep log right when I get up, as well as #2, to make sure the watch is a little more snug. The other part of the solution that worked for me, and this was just me being a noob, was to NOT use the "Begin Sleep Now" and "I'm Awake" in the phone app and instead just let the Fitbit device detect sleep by itself. So, super thanks again, and Happy New Year! 🙂 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Namiea. Thank you for sharing your feedback and comments regarding what worked for @Mattyyey

I'm glad to hear that the provided advise also worked for you. 

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer