Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Normal HRV

ANSWERED

My Hrv is much lower than I would expect... Between 17 and 27 and yet I read for my age should be at least 50.

I also have low resting heart rate of about 50.

Does anyone else have a low Hrv and low heart rate. 

I have the fit charge 5, not sure how accurate the hrv is.

Any comments are appreciated 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Gstsaver I've used a Polar chest strap to measure HRV and found the numbers that I get from my Fitbit to be very different. That does make sense to me because they are different devices and they measure HRV differently.

Most people consider the chest strap to be the gold standard for heartrate measurement and I agree with that. While my Fitbit doesn't agree with the chest strap in terms of absolute numbers, the overall trends do mirror one another. Based on that, I would suggest looking at how your HRV is changing over time and not put too much emphasis on a particular number on a given day. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Gstsaver 

My Hrv tends to be on the low side, like yours, and wondered if mine was in average range. According to this article, I'm in average range for age 60+: What is Heart Rate Variability 

If you're concerned that you're out of average range, you probably should consider discussing your heart rate & Hrv with your doctor. 

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gstsaver I've used a Polar chest strap to measure HRV and found the numbers that I get from my Fitbit to be very different. That does make sense to me because they are different devices and they measure HRV differently.

Most people consider the chest strap to be the gold standard for heartrate measurement and I agree with that. While my Fitbit doesn't agree with the chest strap in terms of absolute numbers, the overall trends do mirror one another. Based on that, I would suggest looking at how your HRV is changing over time and not put too much emphasis on a particular number on a given day. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer

I don’t know if this will reassure any of you worried about a low HRV, but I have been pretty much convinced I was going to drop dead at any minute because my HRV on my Charge 5 (in the 4 months that I’ve had it) has been anywhere from 15 to 25, and that’s supposedly really bad.  (RHR always 60) 
I then got the Charge 5 wet with water lock on, and it immediately stopped working, so a replacement was sent to me. Lo and behold, I’ve had the replacement Charge 5 for a week, and my HRV is now solidly in the 45 to 50 range.   Depends on the unit, seemingly! 

Best Answer

This does make me feel better.  My HRV was out of my normal range with an 18 this week.  Since my fitbit started tracking in May, my range has been 13 to 17.  I didn't even realize it was below "normal" until I researched the definition and age appropriate ranges when I got that 18.

Best Answer

So I'm 37 in good shape perfect ekg my hrv is 28 too 33 so we put it on my son his was in a 60 range and my wifes is a 96 so theres no way this is accurate at all they need to fix it asap

Best Answer