Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel watch 2 not tracking sleep?

ANSWERED

1000009538.png

 My first night using the Pixel watch 2 or Fitbit. I told the Fitbit app to start sleep and I put the watch on bedtime mode. In the morning I told the Fitbit app I was awake. Why do I only get this block and not details on my sleep quality? Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@pakalla the option to start and end sleep in the Fitbit app is intended for older devices that do not track heartrate. Because those devices can't see your heartrate, they cannot generate a sleep score or sleep stages. Therefore those options are disabled when you start and end your sleep in the Fitbit app. 

For newer devices that measure heartrate, it is not necessary to start and end sleep in the Fitbit app. If you do that, all metrics that rely on heartrate are disabled. That is intended behavior. With newer devices, you just go to sleep and the device will automatically generate sleep stages and a sleep score. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@pakalla To get sleep details and score you need to let your Pixel Watch 2 detect your sleep automatically. You don't need to start and end your sleep in the Fitbit app. Putting the Watch in bedtime mode just turns off the display and puts the Watch in "do not disturb". That doesn't affect sleep tracking at all. Just go to sleep and let the watch figure it out. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA

Best Answer

Does starting sleep in Fitbit or turning the watch bedtime mode on keep it from tracking my sleep though? That would be quite silly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@pakalla the option to start and end sleep in the Fitbit app is intended for older devices that do not track heartrate. Because those devices can't see your heartrate, they cannot generate a sleep score or sleep stages. Therefore those options are disabled when you start and end your sleep in the Fitbit app. 

For newer devices that measure heartrate, it is not necessary to start and end sleep in the Fitbit app. If you do that, all metrics that rely on heartrate are disabled. That is intended behavior. With newer devices, you just go to sleep and the device will automatically generate sleep stages and a sleep score. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA

Best Answer

Thank you for helping me out as well, you made my day.

Best Answer

Sometimes, sleep tracking data may not be immediately available or may not sync properly with the app. Try ensuring that your watch is properly synced and that the app is up to date.

Best Answer