Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Racing Mind!

ANSWERED

I'm a bit of a thinker and a curious person, and paired with a restless sleeper since childhood, I will often find myself thinking about ANYTHING my brain can when I should really be asleep!

I try singing in my head, reading before bed, restricting device use, but I still have a racing mind most nights. 

Any suggestions about how to calm my mind? I'd love to hear people's techniques for falling asleep too! Sleep is my main goal to improve... especially with all these early mornings Smiley IndifferentSmiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I wish I had the answer, I fall asleep no problem its staying asleep that's a challenge. But I am curious about something..

Do you fight thinking or do you just let it happen? You know when your mind is racing about whatever and you overlay that with why am I still awake, if I fall asleep now.. blah blah.

If you let it go and just think without the background noise, do you think it will just lull itself to sleep? Almost like that's your brain's lullaby?

Elena | Pennsylvania

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I wish I had the answer, I fall asleep no problem its staying asleep that's a challenge. But I am curious about something..

Do you fight thinking or do you just let it happen? You know when your mind is racing about whatever and you overlay that with why am I still awake, if I fall asleep now.. blah blah.

If you let it go and just think without the background noise, do you think it will just lull itself to sleep? Almost like that's your brain's lullaby?

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

and I found this https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Sleep-Better/Racing-mind-at-night/m-p/1769930#M4031 four pages of replies... maybe something helpful?

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

I definitely do try to fight it! Sometimes I'll encourage the thoughts, as I'll keep thinking about sleeping, so I try to distract my self by going off on a mind tangent!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'll have a look! Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes