Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redesigned Sleep experience now in the Fitbit app

Hi everyone! Starting today, you may notice a new sleep experience in your Fitbit app. If you don't have it right away, please be patient as it can take some time to reach all users. 

Check out what’s new by going to the Fitbit Community blog

What do you think? Let us know!

Best Answer
1,398 REPLIES 1,398

Totally agree!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I miss the former view very much. I find the new sleep data visual difficult/time consuming to decipher. 

Best Answer

I can’t understand the new sleep graph. Pls switch it back.  

Also over the last few days my sleep calculation is way off - one night recording 1h 2 min and the next 4h 24 min.  

Best Answer

I absolutely hate it. My premium expires in Aug but my Charge 5 is already acting up so I will not be renewing especially with the new SLEEP CRAP!  I have already ordered a new watch . Going to try the Spade.

Best Answer

I haven't seen one response that likes the new sleep display yet they keep it! How stupid of them!

Best Answer

It stinks!!!! Last month my Versa 4, which worked perfectly, completely stopped tracking sleep. I thought my watch was the culprit, so I ordered a Pixel Watch 2. SAME THING!! It refuses to track sleep, nothing at all. I'm a restless sleeper, I don't think I've been motionless for an entire hour in all my 69 years. I've installed all the updates, changed the sensitivity on the website, worn my watch tighter, looser, higher on the arm, lower on the arm. IT DOES NOT RECORD SLEEP AT ALL, EVER. It's a shame, because otherwise I adore this Pixel watch, but sleep tracking is my primary need. This is a deal breaker. If I can't get satisfaction from Verizon support I'll be sending it back for a refund.

Best Answer

It's happened before. I loved my Pebble watch, but Fitbit bought them purely so they could kill it. I'm pretty sure that's what Google's going to do with Fitbit.

Best Answer

I agree! Same experience. This makes me want to throw my Fitbit in trash based on the Corporate mentality.  App now is useless IMO on sleep stats. 

Best Answer

That doesn't help me track my stages though. I'm an insomniac with delayed sleep phase so tracking those specific sleep stages are vital. 

Best Answer

I totally agree,  the old app was very easy to understand at a glance. Please change  ack

Best Answer

I am with all the other people posting here. I liked the old sleep score display. Especially liked the weekly tack of sleep scores, which I now have to fiddle around to get hold of and often I now get no scores with the new update. So ‘yes’ if it is t broken why fix it? Hope all these posts are listened to and that changes are made that are actually helpful to your users. More importantly listen to what people want - these changes doesn’t seem to have been something your users have asked for, but invented without consultation. Have a listening strategy and make changes that people ask for.

Best Answer

Not a fan at all.  Seems like an update for the sake of updating, not giving anything that is an improvement to the process.  The previous version was easier to read, you could scroll through each phase to easily see sleep stages and times.  I had to follow a link provided by another user to even find out you could hold down on the graph to move through the different sleep stages in this new version.  It is what it is at this point, but I really, really don't like the "redesigned sleep experience". It is busy and not user friendly.  The other missing piece is the estimated oxygen graph.  Now is just says "high" or "low" at the bottom which is not very helpful.  Just my opinion.

Best Answer

I just got off the Premium Freebie...and now I see what is so horrible. I do not "totally" recollect what the old version showed, I just know it was much more useful than this garbage they have forced on us. I guess it is a way to get us all to buy Premium? Not really sure how this would be called an upgrade? 

Best Answer

Agree so not a fan of the new sleep “experience”. It was so nice the way it used to be so why change it. Can’t get the same info I was used to. Please change it back… 

Best Answer

I bought Premium just to have the expanded sleep stats, and it was great until this update in April of '24.  Now it's awful.  Total waste of $$ to go to Premium.  I have cancelled it because of it.

I do doubt that Fitbit/Google will change anything back.

Best Answer
Go to fitbit .com on your browser
. log into your account Go to your dashboard and you can see the old
version.. But only on the browser not the app
Best Answer

It would be wonderful if fitbit would respond to us! As nobody seems to be enjoying this new modification.

Best Answer

Does that mean the community fitbit is actually reading our input! Hope so and they go back to original sleep program.

Best Answer

The sleep function worked ok before the update. Not perfect, but the problems were that I sleep in 2, sometimes 3, segments a night, often go to the bathroom once or twice during the night, and sleep with 4 large dogs that move around such that the Fitbit reads the movement as my being awake. All on me! After the update, the sleep data was useless. Segments over 3 hrs were missed that previously were picked up. I couldn't even tell on which day an over 3 hr segment that ended before midnight occured.

I now wear the Fitbit only when cycling, where it remains useful, though Google removed a feature where I could get my heart rate at a particular point on the GPS-produced map of my ride. Oddly, my sleep improved the first night after sleeping without the Fitbit and has remained good for the week or so that I've quit wearing my Charge 5 at night. It's not that the Charge 5 was uncomfortable; I don't even know when I have it on. I guess that unconsciously I was stressing over trying to hit at least 3 hrs per segment, so as to get an HRV reading. Again, on me! But maybe segmented sleepers should take off the Fitbit at night and see how they sleep. So, it's weird, but maybe the new sleep update has been a good thing for me!!

Best Answer

Thanks luvb2 that works! Not as good as the app but much better than this awful upgrade that noone from Fitbit moderators are bothering to address. 

Best Answer