Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Score is not received

Hi all is anyone having trouble with sleep recording?  Since the last update I no longer get a sleep score so wonder if it was a fault with the update or if there is something I need to do on the app? 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Hello @Gwenniepennie. Welcome to the community forums! 

Thank you for the information. Please make sure that the Fitbit App is updated to the latest version. For more information, please visit the following links: What's changed in the latest release of the Fitbit app? and How do I use the Fitbit app?

Also, take into consideration that in order for you to receive a Sleep Score, you should receive Sleep Stages. Please consider the following: 

1. If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  2. If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?
  3. If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  4. If your device’s battery is critically low.

For more information, you can see: What should I know about Fitbit sleep stages?

On a side note, I recommend performing a restart to your Fitbit device. You can get instructions about how to perform this, by visiting this link: 

How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Rebooted it. No change. Wearing it in exactly the same way always have. This has to be due the update that occurred the day that the change in sleep recording occurred.

Gwennie Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I'm also having this issue, do you know when the update happened? My sleep hasn't been logged since 19th April. 

Best Answer
Not sure when the update was created but I uploaded it on Friday 22nd and have had no logs since then. Just flat lines. I rebooted the watch, disconnected Bluetooth and picked the signal back up but nothing is working. Tempted to turn it off for a few days and then try again. Irritating that it seems connected to the update but is not taken seriously. Let me know if you have any joy. Mine is a charge 3. Gwennie
Gwennie Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

H, I'm having the same issue with no sleep heart rate data. I have all other data relating to sleep, my battery is fully charged, I am on the latest version and I have restarted it too but still no difference. Any idea if this is an isolated problem or is this a bug that Fitbit needs to fix please? I can't seem to find an answer anywhere. Thanks

Best Answer

I've restarted mine too & I'm still having the same issue. The twitter team weren't any help either, just said to wait for the next update.

I've also noticed that it isnt tracking my exercise, although it is tracking steps.

I contacted the fitbit team on twitter & they couldn't explain the issue just said to wait for a new update.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

Best Answer
Great! 😞 Thanks for the info x

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MelWitty. Welcome to the community forums. @Gwenniepennie@Samnc7 It's great to see you around. 

I'm very sorry for the experience and thank you for following the suggested steps. @Gwenniepennie If the inconvenience has persisted, my best recommendation is that you please reach out to our Support Team. You can contact them through chat or over the phone. Click here to get connected. 

@MelWitty I was able to see that you reached out to our Support Team. If you still have additional questions or concerns about the outcome of your case, I recommend updating your case or contact them one more time for further assistance. 

@Samnc7 I also confirmed that you reached out to our Support Team and they are working on your case. Please make sure to check your inbox and reply back to them if any information is needed. This way they can continue assisting you.  

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you @WilsonFitbit I have not heard from the Support Team as yet. Not sure how long they generally take to respond. I will wait on the outcome and let you know if there is anything else you can help with or maybe escalate the case for me? Many thanks, Mel 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MelWitty Thanks for your reply. 

I've seen and it seems that there was inconvenience at the moment you called. In this case I'd recommend reaching out to our Support Team one more time. If you experience any difficulty over the phone, note that you can contact them through live chat. Click here to get connected. 

Please make sure to inform about the troubleshooting steps you've followed, this way they can assist you from there. 

See you soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine stop working as well that was on the 30th and I haven't done anything different. I robot it still nothing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @mrsandale. Welcome to the community forums! 

Thank you for the information and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried prior to posting. If you considered these steps and the Sleep Score and Sleep stages aren't still received, I recommend contacting our Support Team for further assistance. You can contact them through chat or over the phone. Click here to get connected. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I rebooted my actually watch but what I didn't do was delete the App from my iPhone and then re-install .... once I did this it worked. And you don't lose any data by deleting the App either which is what I was worried about. Good luck x

Best Answer

@MelWitty Nice to see you around and thanks for your great input! 😊

Best Answer

I see in late April 2021 a number of people could not get their sleep score. It is now Friday 05-14-2021 and I have not had a sleep score since Tuesday 04-11. I have rebooted, have allowed sync time when it appeared to be doing that, I have charged the fitbit, I have not changed how I wear it at night. I need help and the fitbit team is too busy with a problem affecting the service. Is this the problem that is causing my problem? Please help. 

Best Answer
Hope this helps! All I did was uninstall and reinstall the App on my phone and it worked again! Good luck!
X

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Thank you. I will try reinstalling but I hate the rigamarole. I have a
badly twisted ankle and can't walk or exercise and all the fitbit has to
track is my sleep.
Thanks anyway.
Dorothy

*“Once upon a time, when women were birds, there was the simple
understanding that to sing at dawn and to sing at dusk was to heal the
world through joy. The birds still remember what we have forgotten, that
the world is meant to be celebrated. ” — Terry Tempest Williams*
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Dozydotty. Welcome to the community forums. @MelWitty It's nice to see you around and thanks for your input. 

@Dozydotty I'm sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for the information and the troubleshooting steps you've tried. If uninstalling and reinstalling the App doesn't help, please let me know.

On a side note, I'd like to let you know that the Sleep Score isn't received if Sleep Stages aren't being tracked and not related to an inconvenience with the system itself.  

If you haven't done so, I'd recommend taking into consideration the following information and troubleshooting steps from this post

I look forward to your response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes