Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Stages are not being received

Didn't receive sleep stages this morning. Instead there was a simplified display without stage detail. My Charge 4 has been doing fine for weeks. Why the unexpected change?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

I have the same issue and we're not the only ones. I'm assuming it's a bug. 

Best Answer

I think there's a problem with the app. They said they're working on an update to fix it. I've had my Inspire 2 for 6 months and this is the first time this has happened. I'm sure they'll get it fixed. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer

Hello @JoeT-123@djflowerz. Welcome to the community forums! @alexthecat Nice to see you around and thanks for your great input. 

Thank you very much for taking the time to report this matter. I'd like to let you know that there are some factors that could prevent your Fitbit devices to track sleep stages. I recommend taking into consideration the following tips: 

1. If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  2. If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?
  3. If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  4. If your device’s battery is critically low.

For more information, you can see: What should I know about Fitbit sleep stages? I also recommend keeping the Fitbit App up to date

If this is not the case, please note that we recently identified missing data in the health metrics tile, including sleep and heart rate. Thanks for your patience while this is investigated. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem yesterday, but it seems to be okay today. Will we get sleep stages retrospectively for yesterday??

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not receiving either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Puppypal@Cooperscoop. Welcome to the community forums. 

Thank you for taking the time to report the inconvenience and following the recommendations on a post above. @Puppypal Regarding your question, I'd like to let you know that past data may not be recovered, but the issue that was affecting sleep is now resolved; therefore, your sleep data should be syncing.

@Cooperscoop Same as above, the sleep inconvenience was resolved and your sleep data should be syncing. If this is not the case, I'd recommend that you both contact our Support Team for further assistance. Note that you can contact them through chat or over the phone, but phone wait times have been longer, so I recommend initiating a chat. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Again? Sleep stages missing from last night? Haven't we been through this before?

------------------

It's been working fine for a while. But not this morning.

No sleep records.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Versa that I've used for nearly four years of usually successful sleep stage tracking - rem, deep, etc. but with occasional hiccups where only simplified details are provided. I know by heart all the canned responses from Fitbit tech support about what to do when detailed sleep stage info doesn't appear and you get the dreaded "Your tracker couldn't get a consistent heart rate reading while you slept" message explaining why you only got simplified sleep datails.  I've tried every suggestion, and usually they work.  But now for two weeks no detailed sleep stages, and no heart rate variability details for the same period despite following all advice and personal experience with what makes sleep stage tracking work.  Versa otherwise performs flawlessly and heart rate registers on the watch face.   Full factory reset, reloaded the Fitbit app, ample battery charge, worn correctly, clean sensors, etc. etc. 

Best Answer

Really were do he happen

Best Answer
0 Votes

My sleep scores are also zero. My fitbit keeps needing to be re-synced so it thinks I've got a new one every week.

It appears to be faulty. Where do I return it for a reund?

Best Answer
0 Votes