Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Tracking not starting soon enough

ANSWERED

My sleep data doesn't start tracking until 1 1/2-2 hours after I start trying to go to sleep and think I have been asleep.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
I tried sensitive last night. It didn't start any sooner and I got thick
red lines.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

My sleep data doesn't start tracking until 1 1/2-2 hours after I start trying to go to sleep and think I have been asleep.

Best Answer

Moved to the sleep forum where you will get a better answer

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

your sleep tracking starts when your tracker detects a resting heart rate and no movement. You may want to try to put your sleep tracker on sensitive and see if you get different results.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried sensitive last night. It didn't start any sooner and I got thick
red lines.
Best Answer

This is happening to me too. (it is on sensitive, and shows stages, and a pretty good 'end of sleep' time.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Last night to experiment I prepped for bed, turned off all the lights, and quietly read starting at 9:50.   At 10:00 p.m. sharp I went to bed, and fell asleep normally in :05 or :10 minutes.   My FitBit Inspire 2 shows:  11:16 p.m. - 5:44 a.m.

The end time 5:44 a.m. is spot on perfect.  The start time 11:16 is well over an hour late.  It should be approximately 10:05

Over the last two weeks I've been trying to consistently go to bed shortly after 10:00, My FitBit Inspire 2 show start times all over the map.

Half are in the correct zone (10:00 - 10:30)  the other half are over an hour or two late.   12:30 a.m.?  11:16 p.m.?

What can I do, what behavior, syncing, HR, temperature, to help the Inspire 2 more often correctly find my start time....It works sometimes (about 50%) 

Best Answer