Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep charts

I used to be able to click on the different colors on the sleep chart to tell me the time I was restless or awake during the night. That doesn't work anymore. Unsure if this happened before or after the update on March 20.  Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

Yes!  I was wondering about that too.  However, it may be because there is a sleep update they have started which theoretically is supposed to give us more accurate stats on our sleep such as: light, deep, REM, etc.  That being said, my tracker did not give me that info this morning so I intend to contact support to find out why. 

Best Answer

I sent them a message as well. Hopefully they will respond!!  😊

Best Answer

I called them and they said that we are not seeing the times when we click on the sleep data because they are in the process of changing the app to show more details (light sleep, deep sleep, REM sleep etc.).  I asked when that change would be available (I did see something on my phone app today referring to the new sleep thing) and they said soon but couldn't give me a specific day.  It is coming though and I think we'll be much happier with it.  I had Jawbone Up last year which I wasn't too crazy about in general but it did give more sleep info so I'm looking forward to this update.

Best Answer

Awesome!  Thanks for the info!!

Best Answer

At this point, I am getting less information vs more.  Is there a place that tells about the upcoming updates?

Best Answer

I'm glad to hear that, too, but I wonder they they couldn't have left the graph as it was until the change was available.  I hope it's available soon because I'm not happy with it the way it is now.

Best Answer

I hope they change this soon, because my sleep chart is almost useless if I don't know what time it is when my sleep was interrupted.

Best Answer

I completely agree.

Best Answer

The new sleep chart? is completely useless. When is it going to be finished? Can you go back to the useful chart until you get the new one fixed?

Best Answer

Not that I am aware you can't go back.  😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had been able to delete my sleep log and then add a new one and it was showing up like the old one, but today, it just keeps flipping back to the new one.  If it wasn't ready, they shouldn't have put it out there.  It is so annoying.  One of the main reasons I kept my Fitbit when I got an Apple Watch was to track my sleep while I was charging the Apple Watch.  If they screw that up, it is goodbye Fitbit.

Best Answer
I agree. I keep the Fitbit for sleep. Other than that I prefer I watch.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I called them the other day to ask about the new sleep app because I don't have mine yet.  I was told I'd have it soon.  A friend of mine who has the same FitBit as me (Charge2) already has the new sleep app so I emailed them to ask again.  In the meantime, those of you have it (the new sleep chart), how is it working?  From what I understand, it's supposed to be more sophisticated because it uses HR in addition to movement to track the sleep stages. 

Best Answer

It is my understanding after talking to customer service is that only the Alta HR, Blaze and the Charge 2 will get the new functionality - those of us with other devices (like my Charge HR) won't get the new sleep stages and have only lost functionality like sleep efficiency calculations and the ability to tell exactly how long and when we were awake / restless.

Best Answer

I have the Charge 2 so I guess I will be getting the new sleep charts.  It's just a mystery as to when! 

Best Answer

That's insane! They should have it for all devices they sell. 
I don't want a wrist-band type tracker, I've had a Fitbit One for a few years now, before

the wrist-band ones even had screens. I already have a running watch on one wrist 

and an ID on another, and some of the wrist-band ones are known to get easily lost

on long runs.

Why penalize me for selecting the device that works best for me?

Best Answer
I talked to customer service and the Surge will be included.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I experienced the same on all my Fitbit trackers (1,Flex,Charge2). I find this quite annoying although the sleep recording might not always be accurate. However, it was always at least an indicator of your sleep quality in the night. In my opinion it should be made available again.

Best Answer

I agree, it's worthless the way it  is.

Best Answer