Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep charts

I used to be able to click on the different colors on the sleep chart to tell me the time I was restless or awake during the night. That doesn't work anymore. Unsure if this happened before or after the update on March 20.  Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

My husband was just complaining that his no longer showed him the time, etc.  Now that mine has updated, same problem.  This was a key feature and I hope it shows back up.

Best Answer

I called them the other day to ask about this and then followed it up with an email.  Basically, the new sleep feature IS definitely coming out...kind of in a progression.  We're all supposed to have it (the new sleep charts) in our apps soon.  As the old one is being phased out, I guess they're just eliminating some of the old one's features such as the time of waking up during the night etc.  but I have been told by several customer support people that the new one WILL be available soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes
As far as I'm concerned, the sleep chart without the times of being
restless / waking is pretty much useless.
Best Answer

I don't like it. It is totally inaccurate as far as tracking when you are actually sleeping. It seems to lump too much into light sleep so you can end up with a total of seven hours "sleep" when you maybe had five. 

Best Answer

Uh-oh!  So you mean the original sleep chart is better???  I was so looking forward to the new one.  I realize, of course, that none of these fitness trackers can track sleep with complete accuracy but it does help to have some idea especially if sleep is an issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The original sleep tracker works completely and the new one is something that is still in the design stage. They should have completed the new program before forcing us to use it without giving us a choice.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Why can't Fitbit leave well enough alone! They seem to have forgotten the folks that use their product for other than impressing friends with neat graphics that provide almost NO useful data! This new sleep application is one of those. No longer can I:

1. Determine the % of the time that I was asleep.

2. See a graph of one day's sleep while having the last 30 days on a side column.

3. Easily and quickly switch between today, yesterday, the day before, and so on.

4. Instead of easy to read small bars in a compact graph, now my whole browser page is filled with a single graph that has very wide color bands.

6. Etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Best Answer

This is an excellent summary of how I see it. I have been a Fitbit user since it first came on the market. When the CEO was interviewed by Charlie Rose on Bloomberg News he gave this optimistic forcast of their future and bragged about their cash assets. Too bad he isn't reading these posts as a lot of us are thinking of moving to the Apple I watch. The sleep app is turning into a deal breaker. 

Best Answer

I completely agree.  I have often shouted to my husband: "Why can't Fitbit leave things alone!??"  And why do we have to just stumble upon the changes?  I was about to buy a Fitbit for each of my daughters, but I'm so fed up I think I'll check into different trackers.

Best Answer

Well their stock price isn't anything to brag about. They had berer get to paying attention to their customers. 

Best Answer

I contacted Fitbit support, sending them screen shots of the old and the new sleep charts, and explained exactly what I thought the problems with the new version are.

This is the response I got:

"Thank you very much for confirming all those details and we apologize for the inconsistencies the new sleep records design is providing you.

Please note that currently the new dashboard design is intended to provide our users with a better experience. We apologize for all the inconveniences this may cause to you, we'll make sure to forward your feedback to a higher department so that you opinion can be taken in consideration to ensure we are delivering the customer with what they need."

I'm never sure what users the 'better experience' applies to, but it sure doesn't seem to be the CURRENT users.

Best Answer

makes one wonder if anyone in customer service or R&D bothers to monitor the discussions.

Best Answer

When I spoke to customer service, and was sent a follow-up e-mail by them, they suggested that the best way to let product design teams know about the issue was to post comments on the forums where the product development teams might view them.  When I asked why customer service couldn't forward my concerns to the product development directly, they indicated there wasn't a way for them to do that.  So customer service simply takes our calls and tells us they're sorry while product development teams troll the forums looking for what we "really want".

Best Answer

hopefully they're already trolling this topic and working on the fix!

Best Answer
0 Votes

>>So customer service simply takes our calls and tells us they're sorry while product development teams troll the forums looking for what we "really want".<<

Makes you wonder what customers 'customer service' is really servicing!

I certainly hope this is one of the forum threads that product development follows.

Best Answer

I have never heard of a company coming out with an update without having a deadline for the update. Someone is not giving us the correct answer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use to get light, deep, & REM, but starting today, they are missing. The chart is now no longer showing curved markings, but is not a useless stacked bar chart.

Best Answer
0 Votes

they have added the times if you hover over the colored bar on the chart, so that's a bit of an improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes