Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep data with wrong days

Does anyone know why the sleep tracker shows your sleep pattern for the necxt day instead of the actual day that you are sleep?  This should be fixed.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

I think it is correct. eg today is wednesday and 'last night' sleep pattern shows under wednesday column which, as most of the hours of sleep are wednesday morning then technically that is correct?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, today is Thursday and my tracker already has my sleep record for Thursday night, how is that possible since I have not slept yet????

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. @Sonata @Slh114 Welcome to the Community Forums! 

The information given above is correct and the input is very appreciated. Currently, your sleep data is from last night and sync under "Today"

For example, if you went to sleep on Wednesday night, your day will end at 12 am. The most hours you sleep are from the next day, (in this case Thursday). For this reason, your sleep data will appear as "today" after you sync your device on Thursday in the morning. This is an expected behavior and it is applicable for each day. 

For information about sleep, please check: How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?

Keep me posted. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you please reexplain this more clearly?  I go to sleep Thursday night, I wake Friday morning when sun comes up. I want to check how I slept on my Thursday night sleep period. This is how humans refer to their just completed sleep period. So the Fitbit app should show Thursday night right?

it used to be like this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bobgillan, thank you for your reply! 

For example, if you go to sleep on Saturday evening and you wake up at Saturday before midnight, then it gets logged as Saturday. However; if it is after midnight then it is logged as Sunday. At this time, your patience is appreciated but this is the way the Sleep tracking works and we currently don't have any option to modify this. 

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer

I have the same issue, and it only started about 2 or 3 weeks ago - for the past year it has always shown my sleep result during the entire night, including getting up to go to the bathroom !!!!

Can I not reset or at least change the date ???'

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @hayppyboy Welcome to the community forums. 

Usually when you woke up in the middle of the night your Fitbit device will detect that you are awake and will end your main sleep recording. When you go back to bed it should start recording a different entry. This is expected. 

For more information about how to track your Sleep, please check: How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device? Note that you can also edit your sleep logs in the Fitbit App. You can see for instructions in the link above. 

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes