Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep score and stages disappeared??

Hello,

I only got my fit bit last week, the first night I wore it to sleep I awoke to my sleep score and also the stages of REM, Light, Deep etc. Ever since I haven’t got a score or the stages? I just get “asleep” “restless”. I have tried finding settings to change this and there is nothing, I have googled, I tried making the band tighter to make sure the watch isn’t slipping. I just cannot work out why this feature has stopped working 😞 I really struggle with sleep so this feature was a huge factor in why I chose this watch so I really would like to get it working. Any help appreciated, thank you. 

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73
Ok I think I got it back??? I deleted Fitbit from Bluetooth in iPhone and deleted app. Then I hooked up Fitbit to charger and put phone next to it and followed instructions directions on Fitbit . Added Fitbit app and followed directions like it was a new Fitbit!! Seems to have worked got sleep app and synced steps👍

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
So I don't know if this was a coincidence or not... but the other post that
said not to press "begin sleep now" (which I ALWAYS do on my phone)... I
didn't press it last night and just let the fitbit sense when I was
sleeping and it worked!!!! I got a sleep score this morning!!! I'll see if
it happens again tonight! LOL fingers crossed 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa 2 was doing fine. now I have no sleep stages or score. I sent it back and got a new one under warrenty that took 4 wees. It is they same. It is one of the main reasons I bought the fitbit. Meantime Ipurchased a $69.00 smart watch and it tells all. Even EEG, blood oxygen, heart beat and even more. Why did I pay so much for something is only a name. Won't do it again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm have the same issue. My sleep information is totally gone,about 2 months ago,  and even the name to click on is gone. Does anyone have a telephone number to call?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found the number and called. This is what I had to do to get it back.

1. Bottom click on the word Discovery

2. click on health and fitness

3. select sleep with the moon and click on it.

Also, he told me to update the app on my phone

1. click on the icon top left

2. click on the inspire HR

3. look for a red banner on top by the words Account

4. if no red banner scan down click on sync

5. check on top to see if there is a red banner if not check back the next day

I hope this helps

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had success getting my sleep score and stages back by deleting Fitbit from phone and pressing bottom on side of Fitbit until it turns off. Then I put Fitbit on charger and restarted app on iPhone and followed restarting directions and magically the sleep score came back and it started syncing with iPhone . Hope it works for you 👍

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just an update that my sleep scores have not returning on my Fitbit Charge 2 with android device. Tried going through customer support on twitter but they only sent me a link for troubleshooting, when I said I've tried it all multiple times, the person pretty much said we're always here to help, have a nice day. Lol. Read on some previous posts on reddit that some had theirs come back with premium trial, I really dont want to try that and worries me if thats true. Will just monitor the rest of the month and see if next month is a repeat. Hopefully they just magically start working before that though. Its not great feeling like I'm getting a 9 day trial of sleep score each month 😞 Before July no problem with my sleep score at all. Hope everyone is having better luck! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I had luck by deleting fitbit app and deleted from Bluetooth then restarted .i turned off fitbit by holding down button side . Attached fitbit to charger and with iPhone next to it. Restarted, like it was new, fitbit gave me a number to add to phone and I followed instructions. Whole thing worked . Hope this makes sense and helps. 😉

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! So I had the same problem, but I think I figured it out! On another post, they said to NOT press the "Begin Sleep Now" Button within the app on your phone / ipad. I was doing that every night. Well, I stopped doing that for close to a week now, and I've received a sleep score every night!!! Try it out if it applies to you / if you typically hit the "begin sleep now" option. Fingers crossed it keeps going! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you 😊
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. I think its a software thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

(Updates to my past posts - older Alta HR) I'm about to give up on sleep score.  I got a score every day for 8 months, starting August 2019.  The daily scores stopped in early May.  Since then, I got 1 sleep score in May, 0 in June, 6 scattered throughout July, and so far 1 in August.  I've kept the battery charged, never used the start sleep option, tightened band, loosened band, switched wrists, deleted/reinstalled app several times, and reset the device using the button on USB charging cord many times.  I've run out of ideas.  I don't believe the device is failing since everything else seems okay.  Unfortunately I suspect either a software glitch or a marketing tool to buy a new device or use Premium.   

Best Answer
I have done all of that too. All with the same results. I think the have a technical problem. Seems they were the nearly first but have not figured out to keep up. Even sent mine back for a replacement---same problem. 4 weeks later I got it. Bought a cheap $65.00 one and it does ten times more. So they need to get with the times.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

I want to know if people have figured this out. I've had my fitbit ionic for 2 yrs and it worked fine and now for 3 weeks it no longer gives a sleep score. I am doing everything exactly the same way I always have, including where and how I wear it on my wrist and now it has just stop recording. I did the updates and resetting and still nothing. It makes no sense!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Some have had success with rebooting their device, resyncing to their account, logging out and back in of their app. Mine is still random no matter what. Up until an update a few months ago I'd had sleep scores every night. For a couple months after an update in July I'd get sleep scores for the first week and then nothing. Now its random, a day here, a day there, with nothing helping. Each update seems to make it worse for me. I just feel defeated and have accepted that I'm just going to have to deal with getting basic charts with time asleep 90% of the time. My Charge 2 is almost 4 years old, and I don't have a high-end device on their official compatibility list so support doesn't care to even acknowledge, even though its a somewhat common issue.  It really makes me rethink an upgrade, which I was hoping to do this holiday season or spring. Hope you have better luck! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did it on charger 2 several times. It’s working now for several months. I put Fitbit on charger and pressed button on side and turned it off . Deleted app . And started all over like it was new. Restarted Fitbit and followed installing on iPhone. It worked !! Good luck 👍

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
My Alta HR is a bit better than that but sleep scores were not calculated for several days in a row earlier this week. My note to support, made at the same time as this post never got a response that I have seen. I think that when I next need to replace my device I will look at other companies. I don’t see having online access to historical data as being valuable enough to me to keep me on the Fitbit platform if they are going to (apparently) consistently fail to adequately test new releases.
Best Answer

Having had my Versa 2 since July I have a pretty good idea of what's happening daily. I agree that if there are issues every time there's an update it's kind of skating by. I haven't had the sleep score/graph problem recently but if they want us to use it they need to make sure we can. Would be interested in what else you come up with!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I strongly suspect that they fail to adequately test the sleep score section of their software on new releases for some of their devices. If that is the case it would explain the situation where sleep scores fail to be calculated for several days in a row and then come back. Different customers have reported outages for different lengths of time which makes me think that the sleep scores are calculated slightly differently for different devices.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having the same problem with my Charge 4 for the last three nites.  Worked fine until then.  Fitbit will pretend like it's "just you".

Next time, I'll be getting something other than a Google Fitibt.  

Best Answer
0 Votes