Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep score and stages disappeared??

Hello,

I only got my fit bit last week, the first night I wore it to sleep I awoke to my sleep score and also the stages of REM, Light, Deep etc. Ever since I haven’t got a score or the stages? I just get “asleep” “restless”. I have tried finding settings to change this and there is nothing, I have googled, I tried making the band tighter to make sure the watch isn’t slipping. I just cannot work out why this feature has stopped working 😞 I really struggle with sleep so this feature was a huge factor in why I chose this watch so I really would like to get it working. Any help appreciated, thank you. 

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73

I fixed my problem with sleep scores not showing by changing a setting on the actual fitbit. My heart monitor got turned off when I upgraded the software.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have done everything they say you are supposed to do and nothing works.
Like you said, it CAN'T be something I'm doing because I'm doing and
wearing it exactly the same as I have in the past. I paid a lot for the
Ionic because of features that do not seem to work. By the way, I cringe
whenever they is an update because that's the time when something seems to
go wrong.
Best Answer
0 Votes
The heart monitor is on and appears to be working so I'm guessing that's
not it. Thanks for trying!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello - sadly this has been my Fitbit journey over multiple devices. Sleep Stages work for a day and then not again for a month, or longer. I have tried everything - tighten, loosen, switch wrists, update, rest, recharge. One thing that I suspect may be an issue - I have a hard time getting blood drawn, my veins are deep and hard to find, and apparently this has something to do with why Fitbit cannot accurately give me Sleep Stages - here I am paying for Fitbit Premium and getting nothing! I have even joined multiple beta tests, hoping that one of those beta versions might fix the issue. It has been years now since Sleep Stages worked regularly for me. I am sorry for you, as well!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mavenlane (Recovery Runner) thank you so much for your post. I still cannot
get sleep data despite doing everything to correct it. Like you, I also
have difficulty getting blood drawn so that was an interesting spin on it.
However, it was working fine for quite a long time so I am baffled as to
why it just stopped working. Seems to me that Fitbit should reimburse you
for the premium fee if you Cannot get what you paid for. I used to use
Jawbone Up and ANYTIME something didn't work, they were right on top of it
to fix or replace it. Fitbit does so little to help.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I deleted fitbit from iPhone and. iPad and then I attached fitbit to charger and pressed button and turned it off. Then I restarted it and reinstalled like it was new and it’s been working 🙏❤️

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. That works for some. Unfortunately the model that I own does not have a power button. I suppose that I could let the battery go completely dead to achieve the same effect.
Best Answer
0 Votes

When that happens to me, I erase the sleep log that doesn’t show a score, and then manually add it back. That’s worked every time for me... Hopefully that works for you too!

Best Answer
Can you tell me how to manually add it back in? Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes
On the sleep tile there’s a plus sign on the right side. Tap the plus sign
and two options will pop up: “Add Sleep Log” and “Begin Sleep Now”. Choose
the first option. Then input the start and end time for your sleep.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your suggestion but it didn’t wort for me. Deleted and re-added with same start and end times. Still have just asleep / restless / awake.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Make sure you push button on side of fitbit when you delete and then add it like it’s new. That’s what worked for me 🤷good luck🙏

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
The same thing happened to me when I tried deleting and re-adding it. I
feel like I have tried everything to fix this problem to no avail. Then
randomly about every 8-10 days, I'll see a score even though I didn't do
anything differently on that day. Sigh....
Best Answer
0 Votes

OMG, that actually worked, after doing everything that support suggested. Thank you so much for that suggestion!

Best Answer
0 Votes