Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep score and stages disappeared??

Hello,

I only got my fit bit last week, the first night I wore it to sleep I awoke to my sleep score and also the stages of REM, Light, Deep etc. Ever since I haven’t got a score or the stages? I just get “asleep” “restless”. I have tried finding settings to change this and there is nothing, I have googled, I tried making the band tighter to make sure the watch isn’t slipping. I just cannot work out why this feature has stopped working 😞 I really struggle with sleep so this feature was a huge factor in why I chose this watch so I really would like to get it working. Any help appreciated, thank you. 

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73

They don't answer, but I finally chatted with some one I got on the help line and you have to restart the Versa 2 by pressing the left button for a while. Then things work the next night. Hope it works for you. I heard updates screw it up so it might happen again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I "chatted" with a Fitbit guy. He was not much help on either of the issues
I'm having. He did have me restart it (hold the button down for 10 sec, it
will go blank, then restart itself.) The only thing he said (other than
"just watch this issue" - ya think?) is not to use the "I'm sleeping now"
option on my iPad. I have tried that several times but it doesn't work for
me regardless.

I told him there were 18ish other peeps in the community who all started
having ths issue around the same time, but he didn't say about them knowing
about the issue. Like I ssaid, not very helpful.

My other issue is the calories burned. My Versa 2 says I've burned way more
calories than my treadmill, though heart rate, distance, etc is the same.)
If that's truly the case and my food intake calories are relative to that,
great! If my treadmill is correct, I'm overeating! "Just watch this issue."
Sigh...

If you hear any fix please let me know!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, press the button on the left for a while to reset. It should work the next night. Updates seem to mess things up so you might have to do this again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, Six,

I had a chat with a representative who said the same thing. Will be testing
that out shortly!

Sweet dreams~

P.S. He did say not to use the "I'm sleeping now" option on my iPad, but
didn't say why or what it's for if not for that.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks! Am about to put it to the test! Can you explain why there's the
"I'm sleeping now" and "I'm awake now" options on my iPad if they aren't
supposed to be used for that? TY again~
Best Answer
0 Votes

Marilyn I thought I did reply to you and a couple of others, but they all went to Six. Look for his/her post. Basically, restart the watch by holding down the button on the side for 10 seconds. I'm about to see if that works right now! Nite nite~

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't tried restarting this time but I restarted it a ton of times last month (holding button while on charge until it reboots) and didn't help. I had tried reinstalling the app, resyncing my Fitbit, and I never use the manual sleep.  It just randomly started recording again on Aug 1. I will try rebooting it tonight before bed to see if it helps, with the new update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks I tried restart on fitbit for 10 seconds and it seemed to sync my steps 👍however, I still don’t have any sleep 💤 score

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks that helped to sync my steps to iPhone but still no sleep score??

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks resetting helped sync my steps but I’m still missing sleepcscore💤

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Tried resetting, still no sleep score and just the basic graph. I'm glad it works for some though. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Got sleep and steps back! Good way to start the day!
Best Answer
0 Votes

It is so weird... my sleep scores haven't consistently come back, but every once in a while (like every 4 or 5 days), I WILL get a sleep score. I get excited, then the next day it's gone again! I don't get it. LOL. 

Best Answer
I know mines not appearing all😢getting discouraged

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow what did you do👏

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

The only thing other than resetting that I learned from the guy yesterday was to not use my iPad option for "I'm asleep now" and "I'm awake now." Does that help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't, and have never used the options for I'm asleep and I'm awake. I've always just let it auto detect it, as thats how you get the sleep scores. Discouraging and frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Push the button on the left for a long time to reset. It should work the next night after that. You may have to do it again. There seems to be glitches when update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done the resetting. And I tried it A LOT last month, never helped. Suddenly started reshowing on their own on Aug 1 and then stopped again on the 9th, just like in July. Tried two resets already, nothing. Tried last night, didn't work, today still no sleep score. Its awfully funny that my scores stopped showing on the same day each month. Will keep trying it though as thats the only option there is, keep rebooting it until it hopefully works or they fix it. Charge 2 - Android. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ah, so don’t even use that option on your phone? And just let the Fitbit
sense you’re asleep?
Best Answer
0 Votes