Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep score and stages disappeared??

Hello,

I only got my fit bit last week, the first night I wore it to sleep I awoke to my sleep score and also the stages of REM, Light, Deep etc. Ever since I haven’t got a score or the stages? I just get “asleep” “restless”. I have tried finding settings to change this and there is nothing, I have googled, I tried making the band tighter to make sure the watch isn’t slipping. I just cannot work out why this feature has stopped working 😞 I really struggle with sleep so this feature was a huge factor in why I chose this watch so I really would like to get it working. Any help appreciated, thank you. 

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73

I'm having the same problem just these past few days. Lost the REM display. I'd be curious to see if there is a fix for this.

Best Answer

I have mij fitbit charge 4, 1 week. After 5 days my sleep score and stages also disappeared.

Best Answer

I have trouble with sleep, so I watch my sleep charts carefully. Within the last 10 days, my Versa 2 has stopped showing any charts for sleep. It only shows I slept X hours, awake X minutes, restless X minutes. 

I have been trying to see if the Versa 2 needs an update and, if so, how to to it. I have firmware version 35.70.8.0. I don’t know what is current for 9 June 2020 or how to update it tho. I updated the app a couple days ago, hoping it would bring back the graphs with no success. 

Best Answer

how many i know can say that a lot of factories changing our sleep , hours on sleep , from weather changes till simple stress.

Best Answer

I've had an Alta HR for quite awhile.  When the sleep score feature was added, it consistently worked and was quite helpful.  Recently I had to stop wearing the Fitbit for a week.  After I put it back on several weeks ago,  I haven't seen the sleep score since.  I tried the suggestions -- tighten the band, fully charge the battery, check settings, etc.  No luck.  Now I'm suspecting one of two possibilities.....either Fitbit has a "retail motive" hoping customers buy a newer model....or, more likely, there has been a recent unsuccessful software update to the app or the device.  

Best Answer

having the same issue with the sleep score & sleep type no longer tracking on my Alta HR for the last 2 weeks.  In addition the food calories show as zero when you’ve chosen 1 food and it shows other foods usually eaten together when logging food.  I have reset twice, shut my phone off twice, recharged Alta HR and even uninstalled/reinstalled app.  Anyone have any ideas.

Best Answer

The night of July 7-8 Fitbit stopped making automatic determinations of when I fell asleep and when I woke up.  If I went to the web page (which I haven't used for months but I notice now puts you on the gateway page with the ads twice before you can get to the dashboard) I can enter sleep begin and end times and will get the usual chart of quality of sleep by time.  This is is bad because I can't generally tell when I actually got to sleep.  I assume that this is a software change and I hope that they roll it back before too many others decide that their competitors might be better on sleep tracking.

That being said, they already had a software problem: the Alta HR / IOS App registered time spent being still trying to get back to help as time spent in light sleep so it ofter overreported sleep time.  There is no way that the used could fix that misreporting. 

To get to your problem with "asleep" / "restless" rather than Deep / Light / Rem / Awake:  that is usually a problem with heart rate detection and can happen if your fitbit is strapped on too tight or if you are sleeping on the arm that the fitbit is attached to.  I would recommend making the band looser, not tighter at bedtime, and try changing the fitbit to the other arm at night if you are used to sleeping on the side where you wear the fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you find out how to get sleep stages back? I'm having the same problem.

Best Answer

unfortunately no I did not. Every reboot, reload, re install/uninstall did not work

Best Answer

Sleep score is still not being calculated on my Alta HR.  Checking back, it appeared daily until May 4.  I removed the Alta for a week then put it back on May 11.  Since that date, I have gotten a sleep score only once (on May 18).  I’ve tried the suggestions – tightening the band, wearing it on my other wrist at night, making sure the battery was charged, etc.  No luck.  I really doubt that, during the week the device was lying on my desk, my wrist changed shape or the device was damaged in any way.  I believe Fitbit made a change to their app in mid-May, affecting how sleep score is calculated (or not calculated) on the Alta.  If so, hopefully this will be corrected soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem of not automatically generating sleep start and end times only happened to me for the two days.  I had a further problem on Wed July 15 of getting detailed sleep data but no sleep score.  There appears to have been a software update last night either the IOS App or the ALTA HR firmware or both and the sleep score appeared retroactively.  I have a feeling that because I see a delay in calculating the sleep score on the IOS app, the score is possibly calculated on a server somewhere and sent back to the local app.  I get no indication as to when server software may be updated.

Based on my experience I might guess that the glitches that we are seeing could be due to a failure to rigorously test new software updates on all platforms before releasing them, but I am not a Fitbit employee and have no insight into their software development process so this is would be only a guess and I will not commit to it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

(Update to previous posts)  Much to my surprise, after 2 months of no sleep score calculations on my Alta HR, they magically started appearing again on 7/20/20.  I made no changes with how the device is worn, etc.  I'm assuming a Fitbit update was made that fixed this problem in older devices.  Whatever the reason, it's helpful to see the sleep score again and I hope it continues for more than 2 days.   

Best Answer

Sleep score disappeared

on charge 3 

Best Answer

My last sleep score that I received was on July 9, 2020. Charge 2. Have tried tighter, looser, under wrist, other wrist, under other wrist. Reinstall app, resync fitbit to account.  Nothing. I have occasionally gotten only the simple graph but used to be only every once in awhile. Maybe once a month or so, until now. 

Best Answer

Hoping my sleep score magically reappears soon too! I was so happy that my Charge 3 gave sleep scores when I got it a week ago... then after just 3 nights, it gave me only the basic awake / restless / asleep information. I was so disappointed!! But happy to see it wasn't just me having the issues. Good to know that some are coming back! 🙂 

Best Answer

On August 1st my sleep scores came back. But again, last reading on the 9th! I did get an update though so I don't know if that broke it again or if its glitchy. Just kindof weird (funny?) that both months my sleep score and stages stopped showing on the same date. No change in wear or sleep.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Newbie here. I was looking for this exact issue with my Versa2. Does any moderator ever respond to these posts or do I just go ahead and heckle them in person? 

Best Answer

Have you gotten any reply on how to fix this?  I just got my Fitbit last week and it’s doing this very same thing. 🥺

Best Answer