Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep timeline benchmark removed

ANSWERED

According to Customer Service, the Sleep Timeline Benchmark was removed in the 4.15 update.  That was a bad move on their part.  I purchased the Fitbit and the premium subscription to monitor my sleep, although some of the other features are helpful also.  I hope they will tweak it again and put the sleep benchmark back.  I may look elsewhere for another device.  I find the new 4.15 update cumbersome and not user friendly. 

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

so sleep time (like actual time you fall asleep and wake up) variability is a very important health outcome predictor - sleep research and health, mortality, etc. outcomes.  until about a week ago, i could track this with my fitbit.  it was important to me (i could see all the times i woke up, etc) - now i can't even retrieve the old data i was looking at since october or so - had planned to take it all to a sleep doctor.  grr.  trying to problem solve chronic insomnia.  had a great tool - (to see patterns, predictors of falling asleep, mid-night waking, wake up times etc) - now that data is completely gone!  grr.  it was such an awesome tool - i even gave up privacy and signed in with google (rather than fitbit) - much to my dismay.  NOT happy!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since Google took over Fitbit I feel the system has become less efficient. The latest update is far less usable than the previous version. The graphics are much less visually usable, and harder to interpret, at least for me. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for your continued reports, as well as the screenshots provided. I understand how frustrating this has been for you, and appreciate your feedback.

I'm happy to let you know that the new Fitbit app 4.16 version has started to slowly roll-out to all our members. This update brings a fix for this issue, so please make sure to install it on your mobile device once you see it available.

Keep in mind that the sleep benchmark will only appear for logs that contain sleep stages. To learn more about it, see this help article.

Best Answer
  • On the sleep benchmarks page, I see the times in each stage, but the Benchmarks zones do not show up as in the old app. Is there a fix for this, or is it a bug in the new app ?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mpaule   This is a new bug affecting some users.  Fitbit is aware.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I have the 4.16 update and still no sleep score. I have insomnia and use fitbit has one of the  tools to help me gage nightly sleep. Unless this can be fixed I will purchase something different. 

Best Answer
I agree
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I upgraded to Fitbit app 4.16 on my iPhone 14 Mini on iOS 17.4.1 and the benchmark typical ranges now get drawn.

Wish they'd return to the old Sleep stages UI as I find the new chart is hard to read and the colors are ugly. Just saying.

Best Answer
0 Votes