Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep tracking still too 'sensitive' in 'normal' mode

ANSWERED

Hi there, fellow Fitbitters! 

Are there others out there who are worried about not getting enough sleep, because their Fitbit says they spend so much time being "awake"? Even though the sensitivity is set on normal, not on sensitive?

I used to have the Fitbit Flex 2, which usually said I had been awake for +- 30 minutes every night - I thought this was a lot already. Now, my Charge 3 says I am awake for over 1 hour (sometimes 1,5h even)! That means I should be in bed for almost 9 hours in order to get my 7,5 hours of sleep. Not going to happen!

It also says that, on average, I only get +- 8% deep sleep, whilst that should be somewhere between 12-23%. I usually spend above average in "light sleep" and way above average in "awake". REM is about the same, mostly. 

I'm kind of worried. I know I don't move that much at night, so I have no idea why my Charge says I'm awake all the time. Does anyone else experience this or does someone know how to solve this? 

Thanks so much & have a great day!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I think that data and numbers are great. But sometimes those same numbers can cause a spiral of doubt when one shouldn't exist. How do you feel? do you feel rested? do you remember dreams or does the entire night just zoom by? Do you lie awake for hours or do you fall asleep relatively quickly? If the answers to all the questions aren't troubling, than I would suggest that your tracker is giving you what it perceives to be your sleep pattern on what I imagine is your pulse fluctuations through out the night. It is good information to have around patterns- are you more restless during the same time each night, did you sleep worse because you are coming down with a cold, etc... but I definitely wouldn't worry about any of it unless your answers indicate you should. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Moved to the sleep forum where you will get a better answer

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Oh great, thanks WendyB! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think that data and numbers are great. But sometimes those same numbers can cause a spiral of doubt when one shouldn't exist. How do you feel? do you feel rested? do you remember dreams or does the entire night just zoom by? Do you lie awake for hours or do you fall asleep relatively quickly? If the answers to all the questions aren't troubling, than I would suggest that your tracker is giving you what it perceives to be your sleep pattern on what I imagine is your pulse fluctuations through out the night. It is good information to have around patterns- are you more restless during the same time each night, did you sleep worse because you are coming down with a cold, etc... but I definitely wouldn't worry about any of it unless your answers indicate you should. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes