Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep tracking stops if using bathroom

ANSWERED

Have a charge 5 and the sleep tracking used to work much better than it has recently.  I usually need to get up to use the bathroom once or twice during the night and may not be able to get back to sleep.  In the past, I could prepare and enjoy a cup of sleepy time tea to help me get back to sleep and Fitbit would add the sleep together when I went back to bed.  But recently, just making a quick bathroom break stops the sleep tracking.  Can Fitbit please return to the old method of tracking?   It seemed to work better.  

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Looking through other comments, I added the rest of the sleep time manually.  The main problem for me is that my trainer likes the readiness score provided to premium users so I’ve paid for another year of premium to make him happy.  With only 3 hours of sleep recorded, my readiness score was a 1.  After manually adding the rest of the night, I closed and reopened the app and it bumped the readiness score to 91.  Much better!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Looking through other comments, I added the rest of the sleep time manually.  The main problem for me is that my trainer likes the readiness score provided to premium users so I’ve paid for another year of premium to make him happy.  With only 3 hours of sleep recorded, my readiness score was a 1.  After manually adding the rest of the night, I closed and reopened the app and it bumped the readiness score to 91.  Much better!

Best Answer

I agree, it’s not counting the time slept before the bathroom breaks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have that same exact problem with my Pixel Watch 2. I am getting up at night once or twice to use the bathroom. When I check sleep tracking in the morning, it either stopped tracking at that time with no information after, or it started tracking and has no information for the time prior. I am wearing a Garmin Venu 2 at the same time, and it tracks my sleep fine and records my entire sleep cycle (whether it records stages accurately is another question). I used to have an Inspire 2 and that worked fine. 

Extremely frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would suggest trying the sensitive sleep mode. I can go for a pee 3-4 times and even have a ciggy and it not disrupt my sleep tracking.

Best Answer
0 Votes