Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Different Formats on New Sleep Timeline (Versa 4 & Android)?

Wife has Fitbit Premium, a Versa 4 and Samsung Galaxy Ultra. Since Fitbit changed to the new Sleep Timeline format, the sleep timeline has provided a "different" timeline format, from the usual new format, on two occasions, APR23 & today, MAY02. This "different" format indicates Awake, Restless, & Asleep...not the usual Awake, REM, Light & Deep. She is an avid sleep monitor and is literally angry about this "new" USELESS format. Along with the other useless Google changes, she has been talking "Garmin"! Anyone else experiencing this Awake-Restless-Asleep format, know why it is occurring, and hopefully can share how to disable it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @The_Oyster 

I moved your post from the Sleep Well forum to the Versa 4 product help forum where you're more likely to get assistance.

If the sleep log only shows Awake, Restless, & Asleep, that indicates to me that the heart rate sensor was not on. The heart rate sensor is required for tracking sleep stages. Was there data for all the Health Metrics? Was there a sleeping heart rate for those nights?

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer

@RiekoC Thank you for the information shared and helping us keeping the Community in order. 

@The_Oyster , A warm welcome to the Community ! Thank you for your message and feedback. 
The following conditions can prevent sleep phases recording:

- You record your sleep using the app instead of the tracker's automatic sleep detection.
- The tracker's battery is almost empty when you go to bed (below 25%). This prevents the pulse from being recorded regularly.
- You use the metal bracelet while sleeping
- You sleep less than 3 hours.
- The bracelet is too loose or too tight on the wrist. You should be able to put your index finger between the bracelet and your arm without much resistance so that your pulse is recorded regularly and sleep phases can be recognized.

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for moving this to a more appropriate location. Regarding your response to my inquiry:

As stated in my original post, everything recorded correctly for almost a year. Then, on the dates noted, it did not and, coincidentally, it failed to record again last night.

- She makes NO manual entries--slightly technically challenged--and it is always in auto-detect.

- Battery level is maintained at 50% and higher--this morning, following last night's failure to record, it is indicating 60%.

- No changes have been made to mode nor wrist band (did change from the silicone to a nylon sport band 6-months ago). In my opinion, she does not wear the band too tight or too loose--I base this opinion on my wearing the EXACT same band and do not experience the same recording issues.

- She is a lucky individual that gets 7-8 hours sleep each night and, on the nights of these "failures to record," she slept her typical schedule.

NOTE: The only other data that was dropped was "Breathing rate". All other functionality (Heart rate variability, Skin Temp, Oxygen saturation, and Resting heart rate) were all recorded.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@The_Oyster , Thank you for getting back to us. 

Seems that, either the heart rate is not being recognized during the whole night, maybe some interruptions during sleep or something with the Fitbit app. 
 I suggest your wife, to contact Support over her account, so that our team can investigate further. They have other tools that might help identify the issue with the recording. 

Here is our contact info 

Try calling or chatting, sometimes this is faster. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. The new format is awful. I check my sleep everyday bc I have to track how much sleep I get and the new format on the app is awful but I've also noticed it is innacurate about what time I went to bed and sleep time by hours!. I've restarted my watch, cleaned off the sensors but it is still off. I drove all night and went to bed at 7:20 am. Woke at 2pm. It has me laying down at 9:47 am but it's right on the 2 pm. I do not understand what has happened, I am also one of those rare people that fall asleep within minutes of laying down, and I know I'm still doing this or I would get up. I'm not ever going to lay in bed if I can't sleep, I've also noticed that my deep sleep has vanished, this also confuses me bc for years my deep and rem are typically close but since the new app format I apparently don't ever get into deep sleep. What can we do to fix this issue? I need to be able to see how much sleep I'm getting bc of health issues. The old Fitbit was pretty accurate and my Drs and I look at it to see if my meds are improving my sleep or not. I can understand being off by minutes but hours? No this is unacceptable Fitbit, you were accurate and now it's junk. I haven't had an accurate bed time or ANY more than 8 minutes of deep sleep since the change. Today was the last straw, your off by 2 1/2 hours on bedtime and deep sleep is 2 minutes. Anyone else having problems and what can be done?

Best Answer
0 Votes