Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to manually input a log for an empty time frame when I actually was sleeping (or trying to)

ANSWERED

Greetings, and I hope it is okay to cross post from where I asked this (similarly) in the product forum.  I am hoping to get some help from the community.  Something weird has happened to my sleep logs, and a portion of the data appears to be gone.  I tried to manually input a log for a time frame when I know I was sleeping (and no information shows up), and it would not allow me to do it.  It is correctly telling me that a sleep log already exists for this time, as it should be, right?  I was sleeping.  But the information does not show up in the app.  How do I go about getting it to show up?  I've rebooted the fitbit, force stopped the app, uninstalled and reinstalled the app.  What else can I do?  I would like to at least add a log of the time I spent in bed attempting to sleep.  Thanks in advance.  

This happened not long after I switched phones, and there was a brief issue with time zones, so that may be contributing.  I'm using Inspire 2 with a Galaxy J2 phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I hope a moderator will delete this--I would have done that myself but I don't seem to have that ability available to me. 

Anyhow...  The issue is solved.  Wrote down all of the sleep wake times, deleted a bunch of sleep records, signed out of the app, turned off bluetooth, and then used the online dashboard to add records back in.  One record is messed up, as in it did not give me sleep zone data and also said I was asleep during some time frames when I was awake and even out of the bed walking around.  I took that one back out and split it into two separate records (with a 30 minute gap for the one time frame where I knew for certain I was awake).  I think that's good enough.  I have the impression that up until now (greater than six months of logs) those longer periods of awake time have shown up fairly accurately regardless of whether the data were good enough to show sleep stages, so I hope that is not a new thing that is going to be happening more often.  Maybe this will help someone else.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

To be clear... I recorded (by other means) the times when I lay down and got back up again.  I did sleep during at least part of that interval (and also briefly got up a couple of times).  I wanted to log the times when I lay down and got back up again, just to have a record.  But the app both SHOWS the time as blank and tells me that a sleep log already exists for that time.  I have screen shots, but the forum is not allowing me to post them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope a moderator will delete this--I would have done that myself but I don't seem to have that ability available to me. 

Anyhow...  The issue is solved.  Wrote down all of the sleep wake times, deleted a bunch of sleep records, signed out of the app, turned off bluetooth, and then used the online dashboard to add records back in.  One record is messed up, as in it did not give me sleep zone data and also said I was asleep during some time frames when I was awake and even out of the bed walking around.  I took that one back out and split it into two separate records (with a 30 minute gap for the one time frame where I knew for certain I was awake).  I think that's good enough.  I have the impression that up until now (greater than six months of logs) those longer periods of awake time have shown up fairly accurately regardless of whether the data were good enough to show sleep stages, so I hope that is not a new thing that is going to be happening more often.  Maybe this will help someone else.

Best Answer