Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very little deep sleep?

I've been tracking for a month now and I seem to get somewhere between 10-20 minutes of deep sleep a night, even when I sleep 8 hours. I have always been a very tired feeling person all the time and I'm wondering if this deep sleep tracking is (1) accurate, (2) a sign I should see a doctor? Also, I have little kids and, while they're not waking me up necessarily at night, I wonder if my vigilance about them is keeping me from resting fully? Anyone have experience with very little deep sleep? 

Best Answer
44 REPLIES 44

They say sleeping pills worsen deep sleep and I am on a couple medication‘s including pain and anxiety medication… When I reduce my meds I definitely sleep better. Last night my Fitbit said I got no deep sleep! I can’t go completely off my meds but I’m doing everything else to try and get to sleep I need including going to bed earlier. What I don’t understand is I had a sleep study done and everything was fine maybe I need a new one?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have heard of that as well that it’s about time and going to bed before midnight… I noticed that when I go to bed the first hour I’m sleeping..I’m dreaming… I’m thinking of having another sleep study because I’m not getting rest of my immune system is definitely week I keep getting sick

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Erica if deep sleep is your concern then try going early to bed preferably around 11pm. The more you delay the harder it is for your body to get to a deep sleep state. Also avoid eating heavy meals at night as it can affect sleep quality as well. Moreover a good circadian rythym is certainly imp for a good night sleep. Never oversleep as it can affect the night after.

For those who are opting for a melatonin supplement, it may help you to sleep early  but u would never enter a deep sleep state. So I would suggest you to have a routine and let your body do its magic. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why are women such doormats? Banish him out of the bedroom. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a great question, and it's great that you are taking the initiative to take control of your sleep. Another point is to combat stress. Especially when you are tormented by different thoughts (for example, how much the washing machine consumes when it runs at night). I just got up turned on the internet and read here: High levels of stress can disrupt sleep, including deep sleep. Relaxation techniques such as deep breathing, meditation or yoga can help in this case. Finally, watch your caffeine and alcohol intake, especially in the hours leading up to bedtime, as they can interfere with deep sleep.

Best Answer