Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the normal range of sleep efficiency for sensitive tracking?

Just wonder if anyone knows the normal range of sleep efficiency using sensitive tracking? I thought I was a good sleeper, but Fitbit said I am getting only 45-55%.

Best Answer
0 Votes
23 REPLIES 23

I've measured my sleep enfficiency a few times over the last year and always ended up in the 98 - 99% sleep efficiency range except for the one time I knew I had a fever and wanted to see if there was a difference in sleep pattern while being sick. Can confirm, there is. 

Cheers, Bart.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Manticone wrote:

Spryguy - I wake up with headaches almost every morning! My doctors tell me that I suffer from migraines and cluster headaches, though, and that my poor sleep isn't causing them. 😕 (They also told me not to worry about my headaches unless I start passing out).

Suffice it to say, I try to better my health on my own, reading and changing my lifestyle. I think a reliance on doctors can sometimes be detrimental to health, actually (or maybe I just have very shoddy doctor experiences?) XD

But yeah, every morning...pounding headaches. Sometimes I wake up and vomit. I think I have sinus problems too, because I can rarely breathe through my nose. The only drug that helped was Reactine with Psuedoephedrine, but that elevates your heart rate and you can't stay on it long term. It's sort of a chicken-and-egg problem because my rhinitis (they call it non-allergenic idiopathic rhinitis) seems to get MUCH worse if I don't get much rest (which makes me think it's akin to an immune system issue), but I can't sleep well if I can't breathe well. Also, those nasal patches don't work for me. Neither do netti pots. It is physically blocked...almost swollen. One night I even woke up with constriction in my throat (wheezing). They tested for asthma...nothing. They said my immune system is overreacting to everything, that it is not hayfever, and basically said...they don't know how to fix it. 😕

So one of my goals is to take liquid melatonin every night for the next couple weeks, totally cut out any mucoidal causing foods, do everything in my power to breathe more easily (add immune boosting supplements to my diet) and then try to get to bed before the swollen/ wheezingness starts up. Hopefully, with more sleep (and more oxygen!) the headaches will depart. The last month, I have had chronic migraines and cluster headaches, and headaches every morning, peaking in the morning actually, but generally...ever present. Ibuprofin doesn't work either, any more, and I have to be careful with NSAIDS because I have a history of ulcers and gastritis. Argh. Annoying.

I feel for people who wake up in pain daily. Not fun.

I was reading posts to learn more about the sensitivity setting on the fitbit but couldn't help notice your post.  If you truly believe the sinus issues to be physical, I would strongly recommend returning to your doctor and asking about sinus surgery.  I suffered from sinus and related issues for years and can remember my grandmother telling me to have a doctor check for sinus blockage - I also remembered the pain she had been in when she had her's done and so I didn't do anything.  Twenty+ years ago, it finally got so bad that I had surgery (not as much pain as expected) and was absolutely amazed by the immediate and lasting improvement - decrease in sinus infections, breathing issues, colds, headaches etc.  Things went along well until a year or two ago when I did develop another infection that  antiobiotics didn't fix  - so they did another surgery with the same results.  Best of all the improvements in method made it even easier on me.  I know what works for one doesn't always work for someone else, but I've often wished that I listened to my grandmother when I was in my teens/20s instead of waiting for much much longer.  Good luck!

Best Answer

I think they are pretty accurate in scores, etc.  I am going to move dit to my ankle tonight though because I did not get a score last night but I have been getting 7-8 hours lately..I did wake up a lot and did walk in kitchen to get water, but I fell back to sleep because I was very tired.  Mine knew I had atrial fib too.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did once get a 90!! Plus my fitbit knew I have atrial fib. too....  I very seldom sleep that well though...I love my fitbit.   

Best Answer
0 Votes