Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should Restlessness percentage be?

Just got premium with the restlessness percentage...and I've seen answers on how it's calculated but like what should your percentage actually be? What are people's average percentage? How does this percentage help us if we don't have any actual parameters for it? (I feel like this is a usual problem with the feedback fitbit gives you)

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I got Premium also in the last month and half. My restlessness % is pretty low - 5% last night with a Sleep Score of 91.  Even the other night when i got an 87 sleep score my restlessness % was 6%. I am very active with an average 18,000 steps a day and 150 active minutes which helps me go to sleep fast and rarely move around. The other key is not having to go to the bathroom at night as I drink a lot of water - 170 ounces a day (1 ounes for every 1 pound I weigh).  I think being active in the day makes you more tired and you have a lower score assuming you have black out shades, relax/read before bed and have no electronics and a cool bed room temperature - 66 degrees is my goal. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Hburns17@Nevermissaday, welcome to the community forums! 😊

I personally haven't used this feature but I can re-direct you to visit this thread to see more information about a similar inquiry. Also, let's wait if other users can give us more information and insights about it. 😁

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I got it a few weeks ago and been wondering the same thing.  My restless percentage so far averages around 10-12%, with a high of 16% and a low of 7%.  I tend to be an active sleeper and sometimes experience restless leg syndrome when trying to fall asleep so I suspect my number is higher than average.  But no idea how to evaluate the numbers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is usually around 5%. I think it probably varies a lot between individuals. It may be more important to compare how your restlessness varies from one night to the next, rather than comparing your restlessness to someone else's. I don't think there one "right" value for everyone. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer

Ok so sounds like I'm right in thinking I'm a fairly restless sleeper - I usually get about 12-17% for this one. But I don't think it's a problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JennyTheUnfit as long as you feel well rested, I can't see why it would be a problem. It sounds like you know what your normal range is and that seems like useful information to have. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer
0 Votes