Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

resting heart rate question

My resting heart rate is about 88, 89 , 90. Is this bad or normal? Anyone else have such high numbers? And what do they mean?
Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Hi there I’m very interested in your graph as myself too goes into fat burning like yours as soon as I move. Does pots affect your heart rate on only standing? As most of time mine is ok standing it’s when I start doing easiest of activity like preparing tea, sorting washing, walking around house it goes anywhere between 100-120 sometimes higher. I can sometimes feel dizzy but often I am breathless. I’m currently waiting for holter monitor 24hr test and to see cardiology. I’m 38 yr old mother with an active life. I consider myself fit healthy weight. Just wondering if this is similar to you? Baffled. Thanks x

Best Answer

My heart rate goes crazy for all sorts of reasons. Sudden activity, standing up too quickly, getting out of a bath or shower that’s too hot - sudden temp changes are difficult so heat waves are a nightmare for me. My body prefers mild spring/autumn weather. 
I had a 5 day monitor. So if the 24hr doesn’t show up, it’s worth checking. 
Also, some of my issues are down to menopausal symptoms. I suffer from low estrogen which was misdiagnosed as pcos for 20 years..... it’s worth having a full body check up! They also found I have an undersized pituitary gland which is the cause of my low estrogen. 

Best Answer

It’s okay.You don’t want anything below 60 or above 100..Below 60 is okay only if You’re working out for years and don’t have any symptoms like fainting or feeling bad..If you want to lower Your resting heart rate try to do more cardio,endurance or interval training.

Best Answer

@Lemur63 wrote:

It’s okay.You don’t want anything below 60 or above 100..Below 60 is okay only if You’re working out for years and don’t have any symptoms like fainting or feeling bad..If you want to lower Your resting heart rate try to do more cardio,endurance or interval training.

I have to disagree; with the exception of when I was sick or seriously injured, I have never had a resting heart rate as high as 60; the fact is, the whole 60-100 thing is a gross misstatement of what one's heart rate should be, there are many relatively recent studies out which suggests a measurably higher mortality rate for folks with their RHR above 80, and by the same token, studies which show measurably lower mortality rates for folks with RHRs under 60, assuming of course no underlying health issues causing the low heart ratel

Best Answer
If you are well trained it’s ok to have rhr below 60..I now that study that you mentioned and I agree 100% with that …but probably you know the term “bradycardia”…Below 60 is okay only if people are healthy and don’t have the symptoms like dizziness,fainting,tiredness and their blood pressure is normal..

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

LOL, I'm what can easily be referred to as a "fat old man"; I'm in my mid-60s; have a BMI over 30, and yet I can still run a 10K in less than an hour.  🙂

Best Answer

Hey,

I am so curious to know what your doctor said? I also have a high RHR that goes up to 120 just doing regular life around the house. I’m pretty active, 40 years old and at a good weight. Please share if you can, thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm 74 and have been a runner (now more of a jogger) for almost 50 years.  I run/jog (about a 10 min/mile pace) 4 days a week for 2.5 miles.  My BMI is about 22.  I have 10 days of data from my new Inspire 3 and my RHR has varied between 50 and 52.  During my runs my average heart rate is generally between 135 and 140.

Best Answer
0 Votes