Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which sleep mode to use?

I've tried the regular and sensitive sleep mode. In the regular, I seem to sleep pretty well, with 8-12 minutes of restlessness. In the sensitive mode, my 'sleep' is dramatically reduced and I have more than2 hours of restlessness. How do you know which is right?
Best Answer
0 Votes
22 REPLIES 22

I have my fitbit flex set on the sensitive mode but want to compare each night with the normal setting. I cannot find out how to edit the results though I've seen posts by people who say that this function is possible. Does anyone know how to edit sleep results to compare both modes of sleep? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using normal not the sensitive setting. My sleep did track however it seems to be completely inaccurate. I had woken up, and rolled over, a minimum of 5 times in the night. I was thinking that my sleep tracker would look crazy the next morning but it didn't. It logged only restless for 2 minutes (2x), at very close times together. Has anyone else had this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have put the Flex to sensitive, however when looking at the stats next day, most times it says that I fall a sleep instantly though I have been lying awake for a couple of hours and waking up at night says only restless, eventhough I have tried to wave my arm a lot just to test.

This makes it little trustworthy and not to much use, unless I do something wrong.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a way to compare my sleep data to others who have the same setting as mine (i.e Sensitive)? 

The report I get seems to link all sleep (wether the device is set to sensitve or normal).

Best Answer

I am a light sleeper and have tried recording my sleep with both the normal and sensitive sleep setting and the results are very different, by up to 5 hours less sleep a night on the sensitive setting. Does anyone know which is the more accurate setting? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have noticed that with the sensitivity setting it shows you get much less sleep. Is sensitivity measuring the times you move in the bed?i am supposing just becuase you move in bed it doesnt necessarily mean you are awake??? 

Best Answer

I switched my sleep mode to sensitive, and now it says I'm only sleeping 4+ hours out of the 9 hours I'm in bed.  I know I'm a restless sleeper, but this doesn't seem right.  Anyone else experienced this?

Best Answer

what is the difference between the two settings on sleep tracking? (normal vs sensitive)

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can find more details on the effects of sleep modes in this help article.

The "Sensitive" setting is quite sensitive indeed, and will detect even the most subtle movement as restless sleep or time spent awake. It can be effective in monitoring your activity if you are collecting data surrounding a sleep disorder, but most users should find the "Normal" setting to be more accurate.

Regardless of which setting you choose, the best way to use this data is to note change in patterns over time - it's best to pick the one that feels most accurate, and stick with it while watching to see how your nightly sleep records compare from week to week.

Best Answer

I would like to find out how to compare both modes also if thats possible. I notice in the "normal" setting, I hardly move all night and in the "sensitive setting", I have about 70 restless minutes a night. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a similar problem. On 'normal' sensitivity, it reports pretty much unbroken sleep (which I know is untrue, I know I wake up probably 5 or 6 times every night), however on 'sensitive' it reports almost continual restlessness (which I'm also pretty sure is untrue).

What I want is a way to alter the sensitivity on a finer scale. I assume it's the software that's filtering the activity based on the sensitivity, not the hardware, so should be possible.

Currently the sleep tracking is pretty much useless to me 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

you can change the setting via the dashboard on our computer version of fitbit....  select sleep, then go to the daily stats, on the top right is a small box that says edit, select this then select sensitive or normal, hope ths helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am wondergint the same thing... I too notice the same anomolies...  I wonder which is  teh accurate count , thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can see how to change it usinfg Computer based Dashboard how do I chaneg Sleep sensitivity using Android App?

Is it even possible?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

That makes sense but I still think the fitbit doesnt do a good job of sensing movement when sleeping. If I put it on normal, I get almost a full night with no movement even though I remember waking up and rolling over. If I put it on sensitive, then it shows tons of movement all night. I think the Normal needs to be more sensitive and the Sensitive less. 

Best Answer
Totally agree: need a happier medium! 🙂 Meridith
Best Answer

Me too!

im only averaging 3 1/2 hours sleep a night and the rest restless!!

im going to set the sleep mode to normal and see what happens, 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, I gave up on sleep tracking with fitbit. Sensitive looks like I am up all night and Normal looks like I fall asleep in 30 seconds and sleep 9 hours straight until I immediately get up so its not very worthwhile in my opinion. 

Best Answer