Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I  bought a surge off eBay, apparently new, and was very satisfied for a few weeks. Then the battery started draining very quickly and now it won’t last 3/4 of the day. I did just recently turn the back light off Which did not solve the problem.   I can’t remember if the time is illuminated continually or it shuts off leaving the screen blank after viewing the time. . Mine is illuminated continually and I’m suspicious that that is the problem. If that is the case, how do you turn the  Display off but keep the watch running so I can gather data. I really want Fitbit to work because I love the app it would consider upgrading in a heartbeat except if this is the case with batteries, it’s just not worth it being on a very fixed budget   

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

The Surge has an LCD display which uses very little energy and is why it can stay on. 

The backup light should on go on for a few seconds when requested. 

As for buying off ebay no it most likely is not new but has been sitting around for two years in a corner someplace. It was 2 years ago the Surge was discontinued and if the battery was left in a discharged state would likely be a bad battery. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated!

--
Paul
Best Answer
0 Votes

NOT knowing about eBay, my wife was ecstatic to get me a "new" Surge for Christmas---I loved my  old one, but it eventually died, and we knew the Surge was discontinued!   However, my battery life barely lasts overnight!   I read what was said about old Surge's sitting around.  IS there a battery replacement for the Surge, and how much would it be---would I have to send it someplace?   I really LOVED my original Surge, and simply hated that it was not only discontinued, but that newer versions won't work with my desktop computer.  I do NOT have a smartphone, and the Charge 3 that I got was worthless!

HELP PLEASE!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Amazon sells a kit with the battery to replace. 

They also sell a kit to replace the bands. 

I have replaced the bands on two Surges. 

YouTube has videos of both battery and bands being replaced. 

Best Answer
Rich:
I DID order the kit from Amazon, tools, battery, etc.BUT, after watching the Youtube video, I think it more prudent that I send it to the guys who made the video.   I can easily remove small screws, but what the technician was doing INSIDE the tracker was not that obvious to me.  It will be worth it for me to send it off and get it done professionally.  In the meantime, I am HOPING that by continually recharging the battery, it "may" rejuvenate a bit(?)  Fingers crossed!  
Thanks for the e-mail!George FelderAnnville, PA
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have replaced the battery and band twice on my Surge.  It's a pain to do.  The case is plastic and I'm sure it will not stand another replacement.  The ebay batteries only stay charged for a day at most and after six months, it has to be charged twice a day.  I've had a Fitbit since 2012 and lots of data but I'm not going to spend what they ask for a new Fitbit anything.  Mine is about to give it up and will just go to a regular watch and use my iPhone for step counting, etc. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!I purchased a battery kit replacement from Amazon, but so far, the battery is holding up for several days!I am keeping everything "crossed," so to speak!   There is a company in WA who made the battery change video, and I can send my Surge there is needed.
Thanks again!
George Felder
Best Answer