Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge brightness adjust

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received the Surge for Christmas and my only complaint (so far) is the brightness of the back light. Please send out an app update which would let users control (adjust) the brightness beyond the current off/on/auto settings.  I emailed Fitbit about this and the reply I received said to voice this on the Ideas board.  Hopefully someone will listen.

Thank you.

Moderator edit: Format.

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

I agree this would help a lot. My wife has an charge2 and the screen is fantastic. Far easier to see and use. 

Best Answer

Thanks for stopping by guys! And welcome to the Forums @chris8450 and @GreatDayNow. A way to adjust the Surge Brightness is an excellent idea and I would like to encourage you to vote and place your comments in this request that was already suggested here: Surge back light brightness adjustment, members of the Community can place new ideas in this board so they can be implemented in a future update, this is the best way to make your voice heard. Smiley Wink

I'll be around if you need anything else. Heart

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Yes, Yojana, I saw that post, but it's dated 12/8/14, so I thought a more current one was needed.  Do you have any idea why this has been an issue for over two years and nothing has been done about it?  I would rather my comments not be placed in a two year old Forum just to get buried and overlooked.  

Is sending out an app update allowing us to adjust the back light brightness on the Surge something

the makers are considering, and if so, when will we see it?

Moderator edit: Format.

Best Answer

I'm glad to see your again @GreatDayNow! Thanks for replying. In regards of your inquiries, I know that this request has a "Reviewed" Status but I haven't heard why it hasn't being implemented.  Our devs check the information and review comments from customer and they are the ones that consider if this will be implemented depending on different factors.

In regards of the date, all ideas that has many votes and comments are being reviewed by our engineers and developers. However, it may take some time to be implemented. It's not worth it to post another idea that's already in the board because this won't make it more visible to the Fitbit team. Instead it will be a duplicate one and will be merged into the existing suggestion. 

That's all the information that I know until now, sorry about the inconvenience but I can assure you that posting  your request and voting for this suggestion is the best option so you can be heard in the Community Forums.

Let me know if you have any other question! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hello.   I see various posts about backlighting on the Surg but no instructions on how to increase the lighting so you can actually see and use the devise ?

Best Answer
Basically, the folks at Fitbit were not at all helpful with this.  What occurred a few months after the round of emails you saw was that an update came out which now allows you to flip your wrist and the backlight will activate.  There is still no way to control or adjust the brightness.GDN
Best Answer

Thank you.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes