Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calorie budget must be wrong

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been using my Fitbit Surge for a week now. I also use Lifesum. I sync my Surge with Lifesum. I have been losing weight before. -1000 Kcal/24 hours makes me lose 1Kg per week. This works. So my personal goal after -1000 is around 1200 Kcal a day. Now if I like today take a walk for around 33 minutes I can eat 223 more Kcal to compensate. A total of 1423 Kcal.

Now to the problem. My synced Lifesum says that when I eat 1573 Kcal I can eat a lot more! Therefore my synced fitbit is useless here.

Also if I set the fitbit app to the same goal it says that I can eat 582 more Kcal! That is insane.

Also it says that my budget is 2685 Kcal. My calculations that I know is correct is 1423 Kcal. With this in mind I would actually gain weight if I use the Surge...

Some programmer at fitbit has miscalculated badly.

As I live in Sweden I can return my watch with no reason in 14 days after buy. This is what I call a bad feature that actually makes it useless to me. In Sweden I can return it as faulty within a year.

So my conclussion is that if I haven't got any help with this within the next 5 days I am returning it. Too bad, it works nice except for calorie counting and it is a nice watch.

Hope to get this fixed soon...

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Well, after some sleep and googling and testing I realized that the Lifesum app actually removes 400 Kcal to compensate for the BMR (?). So probably it is quite accurate, I am going to test it for a full 30 days. When I was manually setting my Lifesum app to 1200 Kcal a day and worked out I didn't really feel well. With the fitbit I feel well and I lost 1Kg in the first week.

Hypothetic conclussion: Fitbit makes me lose weight safely and feel good.

Best Answer
0 Votes