Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories burned sleeping

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I woke up today with over 700 calories burned in my sleep, and yesterday with around 800 burned in my sleep. Is this possible? Feel like it’s a bit inaccurate. I am 6ft, 76kg and 23years old 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, and welcome to the Community!

Those numbers sound about right to me.

As well as tracking calories burned through activity your fitbit also tracks your BMR calories. These are the calories you burn just keeping your body alive (even when asleep). They are calculated from your profile settings for age, height, weight etc so you needn't be wearing your fitbit to get them. What you are seeing in the morning includes the total BMR calories burned since midnight

For most people their BMR calories account for over half of their total calories burned.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, and welcome to the Community!

Those numbers sound about right to me.

As well as tracking calories burned through activity your fitbit also tracks your BMR calories. These are the calories you burn just keeping your body alive (even when asleep). They are calculated from your profile settings for age, height, weight etc so you needn't be wearing your fitbit to get them. What you are seeing in the morning includes the total BMR calories burned since midnight

For most people their BMR calories account for over half of their total calories burned.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Charge 3. I would really like to see actual calories burned, not the large number that I see in the results. I read one response where someone was told to see the calorie count to the right of a screen. I don’t see those numbers. Nothing appears to the right. I tried swiping. I swear I’m saw that lower number once, but I can’t find it again. Very frustrating. I hope Fitbit changes that so the default is what we’re used to seeing as calories burned. 

Best Answer
0 Votes