Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories changed recently

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has the the formula for calculating calories consumed been altered way down in the last 3-5 days?. My Surge has been showing way less?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I've still not seen any other posts with this issue. I would have thought the community would be flooded with reports if it was a system wide change. Certainly my stats have not changed.

As your settings haven't changed I can only suggest contacting customer support to see if they can spot what's happening from the server side.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

I've not seen anything to suggest that there have been changes.

Have you checked your profile settings for age, weight, height etc at https://www.fitbit.com/settings/profile ? If any of these have accidentally been changed then this would change the calories burned calculations.

Best Answer

Thanks for the suggestion..I just checked but my profile is the same..strange 1...

Best Answer
0 Votes

calories have definitely dropped by at least 1/3 since monday. All other stats remain constant. I've had the Surge 20 months. Which is accurate, the last 6 days or last 20 months??...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've still not seen any other posts with this issue. I would have thought the community would be flooded with reports if it was a system wide change. Certainly my stats have not changed.

As your settings haven't changed I can only suggest contacting customer support to see if they can spot what's happening from the server side.

Best Answer

Thanks Steve, I agree that it must be my Surge only else every1 would be commenting. I'll try another reset then Customer Service..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @SteveH thanks for helping our friend @juhendo! Hope you're doing great guys!

@juhendo If you need to see more details about your calories burned to compare your daily data check this post it might be useful! If you keep having issues with your calories after contacting support, please let us know.

I'll be around! Smiley Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

To anyone interested,

I did'nt get any help from customer support. They did'nt even acknowledge my original query of why the last 7 days of calories burned were at least 1/3 lower but I've looked at my 28 day data and somehow my  "Active Minutes" and  time in the "Heartrate" zones are way down even though my job has me doing all the same distances. It sure does'nt feel any easier walking 20km a day but the surge says i'm doing it real easy now somehow. If only it were true i would'nt be so tired.?! haha

Best Answer

So glad to see you here again @juhendoCat Very Happy

If you'red doing the same activities, I'd suggest to restart your Surge and try to wear your tracker a little bit higher on your wrist to see if this helps to get better HR reading. HR information helps to determine calories burned. If you want to share your information to take a look of it, it'd be great. Why don't you attach some pictures with the details you're getting from your Dashboard.

I'll be around, keep me posted. Robot Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Thanks Yojana,

I've done the restart and put the Surge a bit higher on my arm. I'm not sure how to put my dashboard here as my computer saves it as a HTM file and the photo needs to be Jpeg

Best Answer

Hi @juhendo! Thanks for getting back and for following those suggestions. If you're using a PC computer you can take a screenshot of the entire dashboard using the key (PrintSC)SysRq. Then open it up with Paint and save it as Jpg doc.

If you're using a mobile device you can also check your Calories tile and send that information too. Robot Happy

Let me know if you have any luck with that! 

Best Answer

Hello,

Here is the screenshot.calories.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks for your help Yojana. See how the last 2 weeks are kinda low on these screenshots. Its ok Customer Support have advised me that its a hardware issue and because its over the 1 year warranty I should by another 1. The rest of the functions still work so I'll stick with it.

Cheers Jfh 

Best Answer

Hi @juhendo! Thanks for the picture and the explanation! Sorry about your Surge, it's good to know what is happening with your Surge; but in this case those are not good news. Have you tried these steps to reset the HR feature? It might help! 

keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Thanks Yojana I've just tryed the Heartrate Reset...I'll see what happens..

Best Answer

I'll keep my finger crossed @juhendoWoman Wink

Feel free to come back at any time, in case that you have questions about your Fitbit; or you can just hand around, there is plenty information here and new ways to make friends. You might be interested in these topics: Saturday Humor or What is the most interesting place that you have walked run?

See you around! Robot Happy

Best Answer

I am having the same problem my calorie count goes down through out the day.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums. Smiley Happy

Thank you for jumping in. Are you manually adding activities? Is this happening everyday?  We might have to check your information, since the calorie burn estimate that Fitbit provides takes into account your BMR, the activity recorded by your tracker, and any activities you log manually.

You can also try to restart your Fitbit and see if this helps to track your calories en a better way.

In your Dashboard online you can get more information and details about your calories, if you check the timeline of the day, you'll see at what time this is happening. Smiley Surprised

calories.PNG

Let me know if this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes