Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Sync FitBit Surge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I cannot sync my Fitbit Surge. I tried syncing it on the phone, Bluetooth was on and wouldn't sync. I tried syncing it on my PC with the Dongle plugged in with no luck.  I get the message that an update is available but won't update the application. Any suggestions on how to fix these issues is appreciated. Thank.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@FastEddie777 the PC dongle signal strength suffers at times, you'll want to keep the tracker very close to your computer. I've had times it reaches up to 10 feet away and other times I try to sit within 2 feet of the PC or take off the tracker or put it directly on top of the PC. For your Android phone, turn OFF Bluetooth, then go to the app and click sync, it will ask permission to turn on Bluetooth and should synchronize at this point. IDK why turning off Bluetooth and having Fitbit turn it on works, it's something I'd discovered over a year ago and has helped me several times since and on multiple phones. Cheers!

Best Answer

Thanks for the reply. I tried your suggestion but it keeps giving me the message that it can't find the device. I placed the Fitbit surge right next to the phone. Any other suggestions? 

PS: Yesterday there was any update for the Fitbit but it wouldn't download it? I shut off the Fitbit completely and then restarted it several times. That didn't help. Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FastEddie777 You're welcome. Had you tried turning off the Bluetooth as suggested before syncing and have you restarted your phone? Have you tried putting it on the PC and trying to sync that way? Fitbit hasn't updated the firmware on the Surge in over two years, I believe the 16.34 I've got on mine installed at the end of 2017. You can check the installed version by clicking the image of the tracker on the Windows dashboard. Unless you'd somehow reverted your tracker to a previous version, I'm unsure why it prompted you to update yesterday, that part is incredibly perplexing!

Best Answer

Hi, I was able to get it to finally sync on my phone. I uninstalled the Fitbit app and then installed the Fitbit app for androids. It synced after the new app was installed. It took a while to find the tracker but it finally did. Thank you for your assistance. 

PS: I clicked the image  and it says version 34.6.1. Thanks.

Best Answer

@FastEddie777 YW, that's fantastic, so glad you got things syncing! Yes, 34.6.1 is the latest, I must've transposed the numbers when responding earlier. Cheers!

Best Answer