Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find Treadmill on Surge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I used to be able to record treadmill runs on my Surge, by doing the following: click Left, which shows Run. Swipe in some direction (forgot which), and get to Free Run, swipe some more - get to Treadmill. Press Lower Right - chrono starts running.

Now I cannot get to Treadmill at all, only Free Run.

What happened? Why can't I find Treadmill any more?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I let the Surge run out of power, and when it came back it had all the options, including Treadmill.

Not sure why anyone here did not suggest a reboot, which would probably have helped as well.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

It's great to have you here @RdMn! The steps you are following are correct, I tried it with my Surge. I'm wondering, are you only missing this option on your tracker? Are you getting any other messages or errors when you try to find this exercise option?

Looking forward to your reply.

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer

@Mcore There are no error messages. When I get to the Free Run screen, I cannot swipe in any direction. (I believe I used to get to Treadmill by swiping right?) It's as if that option was never there.

Is there a configuration option (either in the app on on the website) that allows me to specify that running should include options for both "Free Run" and "Treadmill"? I have found the menu for "auto-recognized exercises", but Treadmill is not there. The page says that "running is always included".

Is there a way to "reboot" the watch?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate your reply @RdMn. To answer your questions, the Free Run and Treadmill options will appear on the Surge by default, so there is no way to disable them manually. If you are still experiencing the same issue, please get in touch with customer support so they can get you back on track.

I wish you the best. Please let me know if you have any other questions or comments.

Best Answer

I let the Surge run out of power, and when it came back it had all the options, including Treadmill.

Not sure why anyone here did not suggest a reboot, which would probably have helped as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is very interesting and actually the first time I hear this happening. Thank you for sharing your workaround @RdMn. I'll keep it in mind in case someone else reports this issue. Hopefully your Surge continues to work as normal.

If you notice any other issues, please feel free to post back. Have a great weekend! Robot Happy

Best Answer

my surge does not allow me to select treadmill run. after charging fully can swipe once. then no more. do i just need to clean face or just toss fitbit for garmin or other?

Best Answer
There is a way to reboot the watch, but I don’t remember off the top of my head how to do that. It’s a combination of buttons, and I have found this information somewhere in these community groups. After the reboot, the Fitbit should behave normally again. If you cannot find out how to reboot it, just let it run out of battery; that has the same effect.
I did not have that problem again after rebooting the unit.

Hope this helps,

Radu
Best Answer

There are two methods of rebooting the Surge..

1. Push the left and right hand button simultaneously for a few seconds until the screen goes blank and then it will restart.

2. If you can still swipe the screen, swipe to Settings, swipe until you see Shutdown, then follow the prompts. restart by pushing the LH button.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Hey @slorunnr, welcome to the Family! Thanks for your help @RdMn and @Colinm39Smiley Happy

Thanks for reaching out the Forums and for the steps that you've tried to solve the issues with your Surge. You have some excellent steps to try there! If this didn't resolve the issues with your Surge, you can also consider forget the device from the App and reconnect it to your account; you can check the steps here.  I’ll be more than glad to lend you a hand with that!

Please keep me posted!

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I restarted watch several times.  I see treadmill on watch fine.  I just cannot swipe it over to activate this function. Others (free run) work fine.  I am letting the battery discharge and then recharge it to see if it works. Until then, my older back-up fitbit keeps me going (slowly).  Thanks, Jeff Lakritz

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @slorunnr, and for adding those detail on your post. Really helpful. Additionally to the steps that you want to perform, I'd recommend to try these steps too; but if this doesn't help, let me know so I can keep assisting you with that.

I'll be around. Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer