Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot use menus due to faulty touchscreen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Surge for about 3 years.  I have used Super Glue to hold the band together (cracks by the screws on the underside like everyone else), and have accepted a shorter battery life recently.  The other day I lost the functionality of the touchscreen.  For the most part this is OK, just annoying.  That is until I had to reset my iphone due to an issue.  Now I cannot sync the Surge with the iPhone since I cannot turn on the pairing mode.  

Is there any way to do this without using the touchscreen to get to the menus?  If not I am going to finally pull the trigger on buying a new watch.  While I have been happy with Fitbit and the watch for the most part, I am not sure I could choose to spend $200+ on one of their new watches, because even today I have not forgotten how we were promised more notifications, etc when we purchased the Surge, only to be limited to text only.  Sure the new watches do more, but it is hard to forgive a company that essentially lied to its customers.

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Mine was new and unused in December.  I am having the same issue since yesterday.  Screen is frozen,  no touch response, wrong time and can't shut it off.

Maybe it's not just yours

Best Answer

Did you try rebooting your device?  You can turn it off by pressing all three buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds, then it will shut off.  To turn it back on simply press the left button. 

Before I completely lost my touch ability that is what I would have to do to "reset" the touch function.

Best Answer

Hi @willwjr nice to see you again, thanks for the help! @Lynnettefayola Thanks for posting your inquiries here, there is always good people ready to give you a hand.

@willwjr sorry to hear about how you feel, we don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts. 

One more thing to mention is that you can always read the warranty policies from Fitbit so you can have a better understanding of the response they provided you. If you have additional questions in regards of your options, please feel free to contact them back to get more information about it. Fitbit as any other company have policies to follow through.  

@Lynnettefayola  you can try the steps that @willwjr mentioned, I've got in touch with support to see if they can help and apparently you are already receiving emails from them. I'm sure they will do their best to support you.

Thanks for your understanding.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

@YojanaFitbit I am not sure how else I am supposed to feel?  When all of us who purchased the Surge early on, we were told more notifications were coming, more features were coming.  Those never came.  No feedback as to why they never came, no "Sorry we told you this, but we just cant make it work" email, no nothing.  All of this while the other products in your line at the time kept getting feature updates.  

I have loved the watch for the most part.  Yes there are design flaws with the band and just like any other device it has its days.  Overall I have loved it.  The only issue I have is Fitbit did not make right on its commitments, and just pretended they never promised more features.

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @willwjr. I really appreciate the time you're taking in order to raise your voice. I understand where you're coming from, feel free to keep posting your comments since our team uses this as feedback to improve services and products.  Our support team has contacted you via email, please give us an opportunity to check your case and review your warranty options.

Thank you for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

@YojanaFitbit I feel like the "Our support team has contacted you" is a canned response you are told to use at Fitbit.  I have seen many folks receive a similar response, and their reply is the same as mine - No email from the support team.  It is fine to say you have forwarded it and they are looking at it, or "someone will contact you shortly", but I feel this response gives those who have never had an issue the fake sense that all issues are responded to immediately.

I am not sure what the support team is going to do.  It is clear my watch has reached the end of it's useful life.  And as I said before, while the band issues were frustrating, for the most part I was happy with my watch.  It is the way I was treated (and apparently continue to be treated) as a customer that bothers me.  I do not need a lot from a company.  I want what it is I paid for, the product I was promised "in the box".  Well by the time it was clear Fitbit was not going to make right on their promise for additional features, I had owned the watch too long for a refund.  I call you out on that in my previous post and you have the nerve to lie about an email I was supposed to have gotten so your response time looks better?  

And yes, while Fitbit is in my safe senders list I still scanned my spam folder prior to sending this to ensure it did not end up there.  No email was sent from Fitbit to me today, 22 Jun 2018.

Best Answer

Thanks for that information @willwjr. I've reviews your case with our support team and indeed you will be contacted shortly you should receive an email from customer support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. Your feedback is well received, as it is really helpful to improve our services. 

Keep me posted on the resolution.

Best Answer