Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Challenge steps not updating correctly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My workweek challenge steps are not synching correctly. I'm on an iphone and have closed all apps by double clicking the home button and swiping up. I've logged out and in again. I've synched via the dashboard (imac) and my iphone. My dashboard is showing the correct number of steps but the challenge isn't. My activites are all logged via my Surge and no third party app. The specific activity/steps that haven't logged is from an Elliptical workout. Whereas on Monday the same workout did update the challenge steps.

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Glad to see you on board @SunsetRunner! Welcome to our family. It's great to see that you're enjoying the Challenges. Well, you've tried it almost everything. Are you the one that initiated the Challenge? We have to take in count that each challenge begins and ends in the challenge owner's time zone, so if you're in a different time zone than the challenge owner, you may notice that your challenge leaderboard stats do not always match your dashboard stats. It might take a while to sync. Robot wink

Let me know if the Challenge was finally updated, I'll be around! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there, we are in different time zones but only by one hour & it still hasn't synced. I've also noticed that although my steps seem correct my bpm & cals were not measured during my walk or elliptical session.
Best Answer

Thanks for replying @SunsetRunner! That's odd, can you please attach an screenshot of the activity that you did to see why is not giving you correct information of your HR and calories burned . Sorry to hear about your Challenge, they usually take a couple of hours when is not the correct timezone. Why don't force quite the App and see if the information finally syncs at some point. Smiley Happy

I'll be more than glad to pass the feedback along. Thanks a lot for your patience and please keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_2659.PNG

IMG_2661.PNG

IMG_2662.PNG

My steps never did sync.

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner! Thanks for getting back! Sorry to hear about your last Challenge. I'm definitely taking the feedback of your case to pass it along. If you can start your own Challenge this time, would be great so you can let me know if in this way you'd have the same issue. Cat Frustrated

About your HR data, can you please restart your Fitbit Surge and keep on eye on the next exercises to see how it works after trying so.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. I was in two different challenges. One was a goal day and the older was work week hustle. The goal day worked fine the work week hustle shows that it synced but steps haven't changed since Monday and it won't show any of Tuesdays steps in the challenge 

Best Answer

It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community @Allen35! Thanks for posting your question here. Cat Very Happy

As mentioned before we have to take in count that each team challenge begins and ends in the challenge owner's time zone, so if you're in a different time zone than the challenge owner, you may notice that your challenge Leaderboard stats do not always match your dashboard stats. It might take a while to sync but you can try to force quite the App and sync again.

Your Goal Day Challenge takes only your Time Zone information, that's why it sync right away.

Hope this helps! Woman Wink  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not a time zone issue, Mondays steps counted and today's steps are counting but none of Tuesdays steps counted

Best Answer

Hi @Allen35! Thanks for getting back, this is very unusual. You're right, it seems like there is something else we need to check. Cat Frustrated

Would you mind attaching some screenshots of the information that you have in your Challenges Vs. the days of week information; so I can take a look of it. I'll definitely pass this information to our team. I'd appreciate all the details that you might add to this weird scenario. 

I'll be around! Woman Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20170316-153329.png

Screenshot_20170316-153314.png

Best Answer

Hi @Allen35! Thanks for the pictures you attached to the thread! Thanks a million for your patience. Cat Happy

Would you mind checking your PM, I've sent you important information about this.

'Till next time! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes