Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard Confusion

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why are there two (2) dashboards (page 22, online manual)?

- FitBit.com dashboard

- FitBit app dashboard

What's the difference between the two?  How does one decide which dashboard to use?  Is it a matter of using 'either or', or do they actually serve different purposes?  I could not find any such clarification in FitBit's User Guide/Owner's Manual.  Am I the only one confused by this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The Fitbit.com dashboard is loaded as soon as you log in to fitbit.com computer

Phone. Click on the link at bottom called dashboard and it will load as well.

They are the same so it does not matter which you use.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

The Fitbit.com dashboard is loaded as soon as you log in to fitbit.com computer

Phone. Click on the link at bottom called dashboard and it will load as well.

They are the same so it does not matter which you use.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
Thanks for your reply.  I know how to get to the dashboard(s), I just couldn't make sense of why FitBit thought it necessary to have it in two separate places if they serve the same purpose.leighca
Best Answer
0 Votes

@WendyB amazing explanation! @leighca thanks for you question! The dashboard.com is the one you use in your computer and the mobile dashboard is the one you use form your mobile device. Hope this makes sense! Smiley Happy

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, Mariam, but some confusion still remains. Since I use my PC to sync my tracker (and not my mobile phone), are you saying I do not need to have the Fitbit app on my PC?  The reason I am confused about this is because when I attempt to sync my tracker via my Fitbit.com account on my PC, I don't see the rotating circle ("syncing") at the top right of the dashboard screen.  I only see that on the Fitbit app.  So my basic question is -- why is the syncing process so clearly visible when the app is open, but not seen at all on the Fitbit.com dashboard??
leighca 
Best Answer
0 Votes

@leighca it's great hearing back from you! Actually, from your Fitbit.com dashboard you can check how long ago you have synced and the syncing circle is visible there too. Go to your Dashboard and click the gear icon next to your profile pic; there you'll see how long ago your tracker synced. Just like this:

syncing dashbaord.png

I really hope this makes sense. Just out of curiosity, are you using the Fitbit app for Windows 10? Do let me know!  

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, Mariam -- I assume so (Windows 10 app) because I visited the Windows Store and downloaded the app to my Windows 10 PC.Thanks.leighca
Best Answer
0 Votes

@leighca thanks for stopping by! Now, would you let me know if you updated your Windows computer to Windows 10 or was it already a Windows 10 computer? If you updated your computer to Windows 10 make sure that you're using your Dongle to sync your tracker! 

I'll be looking forward to your new comments! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mariam,
The PC I use for syncing my Surge is a Windows 10 creation, not upgrade. It is WiFi capable so I don't need to install a dongle.Thanks.
leighca
Best Answer
0 Votes

@leighca thanks for getting back to me! I highly appreciate you clarifying that info. Smiley Happy So that means that you are using the Windows app instead of the Web version of the Dashboard, right? I'd like to know if your syncing process is going seamlessly as it should. Do let me know, I'll be around! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Frankly, Mariam, I do use both the Windows 10 app and the FitBit.com dashboard.  From what I see, syncing takes place only on the app, after which the tracked information appears on the FitBit.com dashboard. Seems to me that I only need to open the app (where syncing takes place) since all that the website dashboard does is to reflect the synced data.  Am I onto something here?Thanks for your help.
leighca 
Best Answer
0 Votes

@leighca I see! Thanks for clarifying. In this case, it sounds to me that your tracker is only syncing to your Windows 10 app since your computer is Bluetooth capable. In order to sync to the Fitbit.com Dashboard you need to use the Dongle. Perhaps that's the reason why. Try it and let me know how it works! However, I'd say to only use the Windows 10 app or the Web version of the Dashboard to sync, as you don't need to open both. Hope this helps. Happy stepping! Smiley Happy Heart

Best Answer
Thank you for clarifying, Mariam.  I certainly appreciate this.leighca
Best Answer

@leighca you're very welcome! I'm always happy to help here. Smiley Happy Heart Let me know if you have any other inquiry, I'll be around! 

Best Answer
Okay, I will.leighca
Best Answer
0 Votes

@leighca I also encourage you to visit our Discussions section. In there you'll find lots of interesting topics and be able to make Fitbit friends! It's a lot of fun, too! Smiley Happy Heart

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for letting me know.leighca
Best Answer

@leighca you're welcome! See you around. Smiley Happy Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes