Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display screen blank on my Surge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My watch is functioning however the display screen is all white and pushing the buttons does not produce any results    This occurred after charging and watch what can I do to fix this 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for getting back @Rrrsdr. As those steps didn't solve the issue, I already got in touch with our support team and they will be reaching you out via email shortly.

Keep me posted on the resolution. Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Try a restart. Do it at least 3 times.

Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Hi @Rrrsdr, nice to see you here on the Forums, welcome! Smiley Happy 

Thanks for posting your inquiry here. I can see that @WendyB already gave you a couple of suggestions. You can do so, and if after trying that your Fitbit's screen is still white; we'll have to move on to the next step.

Please let me know if you need anything else. Woman Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Thanks. However these steps did not work. Still not displaying 

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @Rrrsdr. As those steps didn't solve the issue, I already got in touch with our support team and they will be reaching you out via email shortly.

Keep me posted on the resolution. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Joined Fitbit with Surge in July 2016, but within 1 year, due to screen issue, got replacement, but replacement Surge also got to last for another 16 months, now using it with screen display issue and don't know up to how much time it will last.

To maintain healthy habits with tracker is going to be tough for Asian region, I am living in India and due to climate condition and dollar comparison with local currency. buying new tracker every year will be nightmare. Also comparing payout, which are in local currency, every year it would be tough to buy new product. due to this, region is flooded with cheap trackers & due to addiction, move with such cheap products

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this issue, my display is completely off but the watch works as I see the steps in when I sync to the app. I called the support which could not resolve it, and they just push for you to buy another FitBit. Troubleshoot does not work and this happens after the one year warrant obviously. It's a chronic issue and I believe it's intended on purpose so you buy a new model. There's no technical support to fix, which is unacceptable. Only option is to buy a new one to keep you as a client. But instead FitBit should think on a decent call center and a real technical support. FitBit is not a good option if no real support when needed. With less than 3 years that I purchased mine, and I don't use it all the time, it's already gone!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I have a similar issue in that I have a completely blanc black screen.

I can feel the watch vibrate but there is no information on the screen even when charging.

I first noticed the blank screen when I went to look at the time.

Please help - many thanks

PS this watch is about 6 months old

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Clairelp it's quite possible your display died, it can happen. I had a Surge that this happened to and just popped in a new screen and it's perfect again. You can find Fitbits for parts on eBay and replace what's broken. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Displayinfooff I wouldn't expect Fitbit to support us after the warranty expires, they'd lose money doing so but surely it'd be nice! Mine acted similarly, it tracked perfectly but the screen display was totally off. It was slightly maddening to see a watch without the time. Yes, you can buy a new Fitbit or replace the screen on yours if you'd like to circumvent the landfill. Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Williger and All. To me it's just not acceptable having screen completely off only after 2 years and not using much the device. I see now that it's not a good product and a good company, for the life duration product has and no support provided. Also, their help desk is not helpful at all, no survey back. It's just a way to have people buying new model and a chronic issue that they do not care, maybe on purpose that is like this so you buy new one. For sure all companies release new models to keep people's interest but the old models still works, like Polar, Garmin, etc. I'll definitely buy a new one but not Fitbit anymore, and will not recommend to anyone. This is how dissatisfied I am with the only Fitbit I ever had, never more. Worth paying more for another better brand!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Displayinfooff can you share with us what features you feel make the Polar and Garmin better than Fitbits? I've never used either so would be interested in learning, though unlikely I'd switch it'd be great information so please let us know. Most trackers die within 2-3 years though there are some exceptions. You can purchase an extended warranty, I bought one for my Inspire (that I sold a month afterward and gotta transfer to someone) through Square Trade dot com. Whenever I buy something electronic I divide the cost by the number of months of the supported warranty, and if magically a tracker lasts past that point, it's a bonus but it's never an expectation. I expect products to last the duration of the terms stated. My Surge lasted actually for 4 years instead of the 2 predicted before needing for me to replace the battery, a total 15-minute job with incredible results. I bought another Fitbit Surge in the box yesterday including shipping for $5. Five dollars? What's this world coming to, LOL anyway hope you enjoy the Polar or Garmin, let us know more about the features, I love learning about tracking technology though I'm invested in Fitbit. 8 years of meals logged and so much other information 🙂 

BTW I replaced the screen on the Surge I mentioned and now it runs perfectly. 

Here's what 123 Fitbit Surges stored in an upcycled UTZ Pork Rinds container looks like 😛 LOL

20201102_153746.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes