Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double counting my GPS runs

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just recently, my fitbit has started double counting runs.  It gives the map and correct data and then immediately after gives another very similar run but with no map.  All the steps and calories added to my daily total.  It appears to be only when the GPS is used.  Other exercises (circuits, spinning) doesn't get doubled up.   I've tried updating the APP and I'm on the latest IOS for Apple

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sarah

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Sjw66, nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

Thanks for the details on your post. it sounds odd that you're getting those extra runs when using your GPS tracking. Have you tried to use your Fitbit.com Dashboard on the website to see if the issue is also there? I'd like to have some screenshots of what you can see in your iOS, since if this doesn't change we might have to escalate it.

I'll be around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi Yojana

Thanks for your message.  Yes the issue is also on the dashboard on the website.  Here is the screenshot from the website.  The middle run is not correct - it somehow allocated more than 10,000 steps for this

Thanks

Sarah

dashboard.jpg

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @Sjw66! Thank you for the screenshot you've attached.

I'd like to test your Fitbit Surge, would you mind restart it? Then verify if you're using a third party app for example Strava, MapMyRun, Fitline or any other. That might be linked to your Fitbit, and it might be transferring data to your Fitbit account. If so, you can go to the Fitbit.com Dashboard and revoke access from there and use your Fitbit to track another run or walk using GPS; to see if this happens again.

Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Is your Fitbit account connected to Strava? 

Best Answer