Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBbluetootherror domain error 8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

I got a replacement for fitbit which had syncing issues. The new surge was delivered today, When im trying to set it up i constantly get a error apple iphone 5SE the following error FBbluetootherror domain error 8 and i have been trying this from morning and the app phone software is uptodate.

Thanks

Ravi

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hi

I got a replacement for fitbit which had syncing issues. The new surge was delivered today, When im trying to set it up i constantly get a error apple iphone 5SE the following error FBbluetootherror domain error 8 and i have been trying this from morning and the app phone software is uptodate.

Thanks

Ravi

Best Answer

I would contact support. Maybe they know what the error is

http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am getting this error trying to sync with my iPhone X. Help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Ravi 

Did you have any luck solving this problem as I have the same issue

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, it got solved for me automatically after i connected through chat support and some of the below iterations.

Some of the steps are below.

1) Check if your mobile android/IOS is on the latest version

2) reinstall fitbit application  or update it to the latest version

3) switch off your bluetooth if surge is paired and connect it through ur Fitbit app

3) if it doesnt still clear out remove the connected device and try connecting it as a new device. you will lose your unsync data in this though 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m receiving the same message. 

I see that there are 5 replies but I can’t work out how to view them. 

Can anyone help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My new is doing the same can’t get past update tracker and fbbluetooth domain8 error tried switching Bluetooth off still no difference 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried for 2 days at my house on my Iphone6 with the fitbit app and on my laptop with Windows 7 trying to download and update from their website to no avail!! This morning, I tried one last time as I took it to my place of work and tried it on my computer, which has Windows 10 and it Immediately worked!! I put the wireless toggle in and went to their website and set it all up there.  It works great now, so you may need to hook it up to a computer with Windows 10. 

Best Answer

I’m beyond frustrated with the fact that my surge has the same issue brand new from the box!! It’s useless!! I can’t update and the screen is stuck at “let’s get started” I WISH! 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reports everyone. We are currently investigating reports of users trying to set up their Surge and see FBBluetoothError Domain Error 24/FBBluetooth Error Domain Error 8. You can follow updates on this thread on our iOS board. I'll be closing this thread for further comments. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer