Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback about Battery corrosion

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Received my Fitbit Surge for Christmas in 2015. Loved the tracker and the its abilities. Having a heart condition for the last 20+ years I was happy to be able to somewhat monitor certain aspects while exercising. In Oct 2016 I noticed battery was having difficult time when plugging in to charge and corrosion at charging port. Closer look and I saw where there was what appeared to be battery corrosion around seams of the watch. Contacted Fitbit support, started a case, and my tracker was replaced. Fast forward to July 2017 and the exact same things is happening again. In addition my band has now pulled away and broken. I love the Surge but am very unhappy with repeated issues that Fitbit obviously elects to ignore. My question for the forum is...since I received a replacement In Oct 2016 and is now July 2017 and within 1 year since receiving replacement is/was my replacement also covered with a 1 year support and do I technically not have any option as original issue was December 2015? Thanks for your answers. Anyone else having repeated issues after receiving a replacement with your Surge battery corroding?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@GrandpaJ Unfortunately your warranty starts and ends with the purchase date of the first Surge. Any replacements are covered by the remainder of the original 12 months. If you browse the Surge forum you will find that you are not alone.

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

@GrandpaJ Unfortunately your warranty starts and ends with the purchase date of the first Surge. Any replacements are covered by the remainder of the original 12 months. If you browse the Surge forum you will find that you are not alone.

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer