Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS tracking makes lose power too quickly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I love my Fitbit Surge, and have used it to track my performance in numerous events and activities, including half-marathons, marathons and various cycling events.

Unfortunately, after continued use it is now losing power quite quickly. In fact, a 2.5 hour ride (using GPS) drains the battery almost to zero. This is significant because it will not last the distance of an upcoming marathon (hopefully about 4 hours).

Is there anything I can do to improve the life of the battery, or is it a case of needing a replacement? I would love to keep using a Surge for my activities, but I need to know that it can keep tracking and pacing me for the full distance of a marathon.

Thanks, Ian.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

... and no, unfortunately the solution is not to run a faster marathon, as much as I would wish this were possible. 🙂

Best Answer

I am seeing the same thing- and I have a surge that was replaced about 2 months ago- I used to be able to GPs track 2 or 3 days of 35-40 minute runs- now I have to be sure to charge it every other day- to be sure the battery doesn't die half way through a run.

Best Answer

Hi @jzutley and @WoodzThanks for joining this family, hope you like what find here! Smiley Happy

I'm sure you'ere very excited about this Marathon, I hope you can use your Fitbit! I'd suggest taking a look of these tips and helpful information about Fitbit Surge battery. In case that you need more information, please let me know!

I'll be around! Cat Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I have tried the various suggestions in the link, but the battery is still losing power too quickly. It now looks as though it doesn't want to hold power at all, since I have been wearing the Surge for about 6 hours today and already it is at a critically low power level.

Other solutions? Replacement? I so want to keep going with my Surge, but I seem to be fighting a losing battle with the battery at the moment.

Ian.

Best Answer

I'm glad to see you again @WoodzCat Happy

Thanks a lot for trying those steps to troubleshoot this issue. Since this sounds a bit more serious, I've requested to our a Support team to create a case on your behalf. You should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

I'll be around! Woman Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, Yojana, you have been very helpful. As you can see I am a great fan of my Surge, so getting it back into peak condition (and then myself into peak condition!) will be very good indeed.

Best Answer

Hi @Woodz! So glad to know that you're more than ready to go back on track. It's always great to talk with Fitbit lovers, since Fitbit has the same goal than you! Stay motivated and committed towards your fitness goals! Woman Very HappyHeart

Please take a moment to visit our Discussions board where you will find other members sharing their experiences and tips. This is a really good way to stay motivated towards your goals. In case that you haven't do so, check it out! You might be interested in these topics: Saturday Humor or What is the most interesting place that you have walked run?

Bye for now! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes