Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Customer Service

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have read some bad feedback about Fitbit customer service. However, my experience was this: Unfortunately my Fitbit Surge suffered a catastrophic screen failure after 13 months of loyal service step counting, running and workout use. I initially contacted Fitbit with the view that the Surge was outside of the 12 month warranty period, and wrote urging that their customer service uses some discretion and not to fail me as badly as the device had. I then did some reading of Fitbit terms and conditions and saw that Fitbit devices bought within the European Economic Area (EEA) had a two year warranty which was great news. I then contacted Fitbit again with that knowledge prior to receiving any response and they responded very promptly. They requested that I send them a short .mp4 video of the Surge screen malfunction which I did and am delighted to report that within 5 days I had received a brand new replacement FOC. I consider this excellent customer service and say thanks Fitbit!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Always good to hear! Glad your back to fitbitting!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Always good to hear! Glad your back to fitbitting!

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's great and you were fortunate to still be under warranty.  My personal experience has been that they will stand behind the product only to the extent that they will send you another of the same flawed design and function.  Or you can pay up to get a discount on the next great thing that based on my experience will only function well as a step counter but all of the other functionality will be unreliable.  And reliability is what I was looking for when I purchased my FitBit Surge.  I'm on my 4th replacement Surge now.  Oh well, never again.

KWPnTN
Best Answer

Fitbits customer service is one of the best things about the company from my experience. 

That's what's kept me around even when I was frustrated with the product 😋

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bad customer service had fitbit blaze lasted all of 13 months didn’t even use every day

once faulty I was offered a discount on another product 

Why would anyone buy another product that doesn’t last with normal usage for at least 24 to 36 months looking at changing to GARMIN / Samsung or Apple for sure

Best Answer
0 Votes

@2x1sr wrote:

Bad customer service had fitbit blaze lasted all of 13 months didn’t even use every day

once faulty I was offered a discount on another product 

Why would anyone buy another product that doesn’t last with normal usage for at least 24 to 36 months looking at changing to GARMIN / Samsung or Apple for sure

Might want to read the manual on what ever you choose next. Not charging  it can ruin the battery. Learning about your devise is important

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WendyB 

My experience with customer support is different.

I emailed Fitbit support because the rubber part that joins the strap once the watch is around your wrist, simply split in half (see attached picture, I'm not sure what the part is called).

So I emailed Fitbit support and answered their questions.  I thought that considering it's just a small piece they could easily just mail me a replacement.  Nope.  I got the standard spiel that my Fitbit is no longer covered by the limited warranty and I was then given a sales pitch to purchase a Versa at a discounted price.

All I wanted was the replacement rubber part.  I guess that's too much to ask.

Fitbit Surge Part.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ianwuk  All companies have a warranty posted. Yours was outside of that. They did nothing wrong.

You can buy  some Bitbelts pretty cheaply that would solve your problem

I have some sitting in my desk right now for these types of things

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes
For how much fitbit costs it’s not value for money lasting a year
Rubbish product & sad for all who are duped in to buying to find a year is all it lasts

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Wendy.

Thanks for the link, that's very useful.
Best Answer