Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Surge Broken Strap.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, the strap on my FB Surge has come away from the body of the watch.

It's still holding, for now, as I pushed it back into place, however it came off and pulled the screws through the strap.

I've tryed to look for a new replacemetn strap but I couldn't find anything on the website.

are they available and if so how?

I can post pictures if needed.

(btw my Surge is today exacly 1 year old 😮 as in I ordered it 1 year ago on 20 Februari 2015)

Best Answer
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

The strap is not replaceable.

Sounds like it may be time to contact support.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

Unfortunately the straps are not replaceable on the Surge. If you contact customer support they may be able to replace it under warranty even though you are just out of the warranty period.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
55 REPLIES 55

The strap is not replaceable.

Sounds like it may be time to contact support.

Best Answer

Unfortunately the straps are not replaceable on the Surge. If you contact customer support they may be able to replace it under warranty even though you are just out of the warranty period.

Best Answer

oke will contact them, lets see what they say would be a bit weird if they dont replace it, a 250€ watch with a worn strap after 2 year? lol

Best Answer

I too have experienced a partially broken strap which happened when I had it off of my wrist and bent the straps a little too far backwards and  resulted in the strap cracking along the 4 screws on the underside of the watch.  I've managed to put the bits back in place, which will hold for a little while.  My fitbit surge is just under two years old.  I love it, and it works fine, but I'm really not impressed that there is no replacement product available.  What's with that!??  And from what I've read from the posts below and from my warranty pamphlet, I do not qualify for full product replacement or repair.  But had it been bought in the EU, then the warranty is valid for 2 years.  Waiting patiently for a replacement strap to become available!! 

Best Answer

actually I just contacted support and this guy helped me great.

I will recieve a replacement of my device.

I do agree with you on the design part but not a lot they can do about that after 2 years...

so my advice to you skilic, contact support and I hope they will help you as well.

btw as I am dutch, over here there is a 2 year warrenty from EU rulles but dutch law even says 3 years.

Best Answer
Hi Richard

That is interesting what you say about EU rules about warranty. Is that just a thing in Netherlands or the whole EU. The reason I'm asking is I bought a fit bit about 16 months ago and the strap is broken now. I can't get a replacement and I've just emailed customer support.

Ta

Gaz
Best Answer

there are a lot of pro's and cons about this law, google 2 year eu warranty and you find enough articles that explain it 😉

edit:

in the netherlands its being used against apple a lot of times since they sale there macbooks etc with 1 year warrenty or at least used to sell there crapbook with **ahem**y warrenty

Best Answer

Hi there, I've had my surge for 3 months now and the strap started to split a month ago.  I live in NZ and am awaiting advice from the Support team.  I think I'm going to take it to the store I purchased it from as I'm not impressed.  Don't get me wrong, I love my Surge but I don't like what's happened.  I'm glad I'm not the only one who's had trouble with the strap.

Best Answer

I received my Fitbit Surge brand new for a birthday present on 1/30/2015. I set it up on February 4, 2015. After 6 months and even following the washing insturctions to use Cetaphil soap I noticed the watch band was pulling away from the screws on the underside. At that time it was only one side of the band so I forgot about it and kept using the Surge which I loved to track mountain biking, hiking and spin classes.

This winter-2/2016 I noticed my $240 Surge watch band was a bit worse and again waited to google how to replace the band. Today I found out the only way to fix the band is buy a brand new Surge. Of course my Surge is out of warranty now. I never in a millon years would think a company wouldn't have replacement rubber watch bands. I was offered 25% off the purchase a new Surge. Why in anyone's right mind would I pay $180 for a watch that the band will fail again in 6 to 12 months and I would then need to buy a new one again. I wouldn't even spend $25 dollars on a new Surge now that I know this. I am going to REI where the watch was purchased and tell them how unhappy I am with the Surge. My husband and two daughers have the FitBit Flex so I have invested a lot of money in Fitbit. I feel that their design flaw should not have to full on the customer.

Best Answer
just email the help centre, and they should replace the watch. I got mine replaced, no problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@skillic  I hope your right, mine is about one year old and its been peeling and now the strap is almost totally broke. I'm not sure one year of use or even two is woth the price.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue with my surge, i already had it replaced once after a year of owning it, no the second one is doing the same thing. Why can't they just create a replaceable strap. It is ridiculous that the most expensive watch they sell is the one that you cant replace the straps on, and they wear out like crazy!!

Best Answer
Yea it is annoying,
My 2nd one is holding up better than the first one; however I worry the 2nd
one is showing similar signs. It's hard trying to be delicate with the
watch when using it for everyday use and activity.
Best Answer

I am having the same issues with Fitbit. I pre-ordered my Surge, only to have the strap come apart at the screws on the underside, inspite of the excellent care I put into it.

Fitbit's solution, a 25% discount.....Really, so in order fo me to get a broken strap replaced i need to buy a new surge for $270..

this is unaqcceptable. For a company that claims to "stand behind" their product, they sure aren't willing to admit their  poor design and inferior materials are the real cause for the bands/straps breaking on what is touted as a performance product.. Is this a company that really cares about its customers?????

Their poor customer service is really beginning to make me dislike doing business with them.

i am still emailing them to try and work this out, but 25% discount towards a new tracker.....Really????

Poor customer relations especially because of the investment in their products.

Best Answer

Hello guys @dravgobin @Richard-2811 @selinabena @marymora @CtrlAltD1337, hope you're doing good today! Smiley Very Happy

I'm very sorry to hear about this guys, I really appreciate your feedback in regards our Fitbit products and the way they could be improved. However, my best suggestion in this instance is to get in touch with Fitbit Customer Support directly so they can help you based on the Warranty Policy

If you are located in a diffeferent country that is not USA, please go to your Dashboard and check the Warranty Policy for your country. The link for it can be found at the bottom of the page, see my image below:

warrranty.png

Have a nice day guys! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Marre,

Thanks for the response my post is over three months old, as far as my fitbit, it was replaced because I already replaced it with a Blaze (not because it was in warranty). It's just hard to recommend a product that is likely to break in about a year and come at such a steep price tag.

Best Answer

I know my friend and I apologize for the delayed response, I wanted to make sure I was addressing all of you in this thread. 

I'm glad to hear you got a replacement already, hope it's doing great. I appreciate the feedback you gave in regards the quality of our Fitbit products, I'll pass this along to our team to take this into consideration. 

Have a wonderful weekend @CtrlAltD1337

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just spent nearly 30 minutes chatting with Fitbit Support regarding the broken/torn strap on my Surge. After answering all the questions and explaining the problem, the solution I was given was to buy a new Surge. They offered a 25% discount, which roughly equates to an expense of $175.00 to replace the defective band, not a solution that I found acceptable. 

Good luck to all of you Surge owners, the band will fail and so will Fitbit's support...

Best Answer

Super Glue worked for me

Best Answer