Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swipe not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Starting this again as it said my last one was solved, which it isn’t.

The swipe on my surge isn’t working properly. You have to press down really hard while swiping about 20 times before it works. It then works properly until you leave it for a few mins then the same issue. Tried to restart it numerous times and it’s not worked. Tried everything I could find on these forums to remedy it and it seems my issue is quite unique. Please advise!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Since restarting is the general fix, check that it is a sensitivity issue and not a capacitive issue Dan.

(The harder you press, the more your finger flattens that's whats's making it work, not the pressure)

I've had swipe issues when fingers are really dry, usually a winter issue, and have to use more surface.

If you see no change after tapping your finger to your tongue then contact customer service chat to see what options are available for a screen sensitivity issue.

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Since restarting is the general fix, check that it is a sensitivity issue and not a capacitive issue Dan.

(The harder you press, the more your finger flattens that's whats's making it work, not the pressure)

I've had swipe issues when fingers are really dry, usually a winter issue, and have to use more surface.

If you see no change after tapping your finger to your tongue then contact customer service chat to see what options are available for a screen sensitivity issue.

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

my swipe also does not work.  I used to be able to get it to move if I swiped 10-15 times but now it does not move at all.  Turning it on and off makes no difference at all.  Suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes