Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Surge Broken Strap.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, the strap on my FB Surge has come away from the body of the watch.

It's still holding, for now, as I pushed it back into place, however it came off and pulled the screws through the strap.

I've tryed to look for a new replacemetn strap but I couldn't find anything on the website.

are they available and if so how?

I can post pictures if needed.

(btw my Surge is today exacly 1 year old 😮 as in I ordered it 1 year ago on 20 Februari 2015)

Best Answer
55 REPLIES 55
That is EXACTLY what will happen...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi did you have any joy finding a new strap as I have a surge that sout of warranty and the holes that the watch strap goes onto are no snapped so i cant strap it on??

@skillic wrote:

I too have experienced a partially broken strap which happened when I had it off of my wrist and bent the straps a little too far backwards and  resulted in the strap cracking along the 4 screws on the underside of the watch.  I've managed to put the bits back in place, which will hold for a little while.  My fitbit surge is just under two years old.  I love it, and it works fine, but I'm really not impressed that there is no replacement product available.  What's with that!??  And from what I've read from the posts below and from my warranty pamphlet, I do not qualify for full product replacement or repair.  But had it been bought in the EU, then the warranty is valid for 2 years.  Waiting patiently for a replacement strap to become available!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think they'll replace it. They won't replace mine. I superglued mine and just hope it will stay together until my new Apple Watch arrives in a few weeks.

Dan Miller
Best Answer
0 Votes
I see I'm not the only one that gave up on Fitbit and went for an Apple Watch.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

No I haven't found a new strap.  My second one now damaged.  I'm just in the 1 year window and about to apply for another replacement.

I sure hope the next one will be a sturdy one.  They best not be turning me down.  I totally get why people have gone off the brand.  I wonder if the Charge 2 strap will be similar to the surge.  If it is, then have worries for the new watches.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The response the moderator gave is from a script. When I called, the person was reading from a script. The response also did not fit your complaint at all. I am also opposed to paying 25% off anything that is possibly as defected as mine. If my surge would have lasted 2 years, I may not be as unhappy. My current surge is 6 months old and wearing faster than the first. I guess this will also be deleted since I complained about the moderator.

Best Answer

I just ordered and received my new Apple Watch II a day ago. Very happy to be off FitBit and their defective products.

Dan Miller
Best Answer
0 Votes
I just bought a new Nike Apple Watch in response. I may still take their offer of 25% off for a new fitbit (maybe Alta), but I dont want to be burned again 😕
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello. If it's over a year old Fitbit will do nothing. I'm on my second (first under warranty) and a new strap from amazon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there. 

I'm on my 3rd watch in just 1 year.  I'm now over the 1 year mark and I doubt whether a 4th watch will be given to me.  I find it difficult to understand why they still market the surge and charge astonishing prices for a faulty watch.

Best Answer

I'm loving my Apple Watch. No problems in almost 6 months.

Dan Miller
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just had an hour-long Live Chat with a very nice "person", during which I repeatedly asked for Fitbit to please supply me with a replacement strap for my Surge, to be met with a standard response "the strap is not replaceable. Please send your Surge back to us and we'll replace it", to which I replied "I don't want a replacement. I want a replacement strap".  "She" and I had an interesting discussion about what the purpose of the screws at the back was if not to disassemble the strap from the main unit. After finally accepting my logic, "she" tried to tell me that it would be too "cumbersome" to do this, so could I please send my Surge back to them and they will send a replacement. And so we went round again.

"She" failed the Turing test.

My Surge strap is still broken, and no prospect of me getting a replacement strap.  1-0 to Fitbit, I think.  On the other hand, I and anyone I know won't be buying a new Fitbit any time soon. So I think I've won the penalty shoot-out

Moderator edit: Word Choice

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having bought my Surge in June 2016 I am quite upset that the strap has broken.  I emailed Fitbit and was pleasantly surprised at the speed and helpfulness of their initial response.  Unfortunately it appears to be gong downhill rapidly - I was offered a direct replacement or 30% off I chose the direct replacement.  So far so good.  But got an email a couple of hours ago to say it wont be available for 4-5 weeks but I can have a TANGERINE one (sorry not my style at all).  I said no thanks, but I would happily accept a lower Spec Blaze instead. 

Their response: 'We would like to confirm that you would like to wait for the Surge (black/large), remember that it will be available in 4 to 5 weeks. If you'd rather have a discount towards the purchase of another tracker instead of a replacement, we'll be glad to provide you a 30% discount.  I have emailed again saying that its not acceptable but not holding my breath!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Super Glue (Gorilla Glue gel) worked for me too!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I totally agree. I am on my fifth Fitbit Surge and all have this problem that the strap or band comes of. First bubbles, and then it comes of within a year.

Since Fitbit knows it, it must be a strategy to sell more watches. I am lucky they don't sell cars.

Best Answer

Hello. My work health insurance gives us dollar credits through fitbit. I switched to Blaze Tracker. Easier to recharge and Amazon sells the bands to replace. The one you have is a joke for them to sell. Fitbit should do a recall on that unit.

@Tcarls wrote:

I totally agree. I am on my fifth Fitbit Surge and all have this problem that the strap or band comes of. First bubbles, and then it comes of within a year.

Since Fitbit knows it, it must be a strategy to sell more watches. I am lucky they don't sell cars.

Best Answer
0 Votes