Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Surge feedback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit surge has bubbles in the strap just under the face.  No, it hasn't been on a hot surface.

What's up with this?  What's the remedy?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
97 REPLIES 97

I am in the UK. I took the one that fell apart back to Currys at the weekend. The manager was aware of the problems with fitbit wristbands. He offered me goods to the same value which is better than what fitbit are offering. The manager there knows me as I bought a lot of kitchen appliances from him a few months ago. There is obviously something on their system to deal with faulty fitbits.

Best Answer
At least you got something - it might be useful to tell Fitbit about the good service from Currys. You might still want to try Resolver - I found them very good when Panasonic would not honour a guarantee on a camera that was purchased abroad - Resolver got Panasonic to repair at no cost.
Regards
Best Answer

Hey there @wswelty@fireman999@Kanaeri and @Linzbfc thanks for sharing your experience with Fitbit.

Sorry about the inconvenience you've had with your Surge. About the quality of Fitbit products I assure you that we test our Fitbit devices before releasing them to the market and we expect the highest quality in our products and services. 

We really appreciate all effort in solving the issues with your band, but as we've mentioned before it's best to check with our support team first before trying anything else. If you have doubts about your Fitbit warranty let me know, so I can give you a hand with that.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

WIth all due respect, Yojana, I have indeed contacted support.  Several times, in fact!  I spoke to a service representative on Tuesday 7/3, and reported the issue.  He failed to enter the complaint into the system according to the other person, Andy, whom I spoke to yesterday on 7/4.  I spoke to her supervisor, Angela, at that time and informed her that a 25% discount on a new unit was unacceptable, as this was a perfectly functional unit aside from the blemish of a bubble on the band.  I have been a loyal supporter of Fitbit since 2015, however that fails to be recognized.  I even went so far as to tell her that this would be reported to the Better Business Bureau here in the USA, the Consumer Affairs division in my state, and a local newscast would be notified of this lack of respect for their loyal customers and would broadcast this across an entire metropolitan area, however this also failed to garnish any negotiations. I have now been forced to use the 3rd party band due to their resistance.  It is far more economical to buy a new band with the required tools and instructions to replace it than it is to buy an entirely new unit, simply because of a bubble.  I do not have the finances to be able to drop $150-200 per unit.

Moderator edit: Word choice.

Best Answer

Hi @wswelty thanks for posting your feedback about what you experience with Fitbit.

Sorry for the issues with your Surge. Thanks for the feedback, it's very important to us to have your thoughts in regards our product and your customer support interactions. Fitbit is always trying to provide great products and customer experience. Each scenario is different, but I think that you can use the option available according to your warranty information, as it was mentioned by our support team. 

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Thank you for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Your response leaves a lot to be desired by your customers - there is
clearly a serious problem with the bands fitted to the Fitbit Surge and yet
you keep trying to defend the product and the company.

I can understand your position and why you take this stance but please try
to understand the customers position because they have paid out a lot of
money for a product that is not fit for purpose.

I don’t think that we need to discuss the problem because the number of
complaints on this site clearly indicate that it is not just an isolated
incident and I think that you can see how this upsets your customers.

A good reputable company would own up to the problem and treat their
customers with the respect they deserve and rectify the problems - it would
certainly do a lot for their reputation.
Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I remove my old post?

Fitbit replaced my watch

Sent from iPad

Best Answer
0 Votes

wswelty

well said, i totally agree with you, Fitbit should be ashamed of themselves.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @fireman999, @JPuddleduck and @Micky_1963! Your feedback and comments to help others are always welcomed. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts.

I'm happy to see you participating in the forums but I think we're losing the course of the conversation. The Forums are designed to provide a place for customers to seek and receive help from other community members, so please keep your comments constructive and relevant to the topic on the forum or thread. You can find more details on what is correct to post here in our Community Guidelines.

Let's keep a friendly environment and as helpful as possible.

Best Answer

Did the third party replacement strap come with instructions?

Thanks

Jayceen

Best Answer
Whilst the third party replacement is not as good as the original - it works and the difference is negligible and it does come with instructions.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
I gave up and threw it away. Will purchase an Apple Watch because they have mastered wristband replacement. It’s a shame because I really liked the Surge, but 3 watches later, I’ll never own another one.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Thanks for the follow up!

Jayceen

Moderator edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer
That’s exactly what happened to me, 3watches and 3 bubbled straps.
I’ve now got a farming and won’t ever get another surge which is a shame as I liked the watch itself.

Kerry Harmer
Sent from my iPhone 🙂
Best Answer

Hi Kerry,
Thank you for your reply.
I assume you meant Garmin?
Make it a great day and thanks again.

Jayceen

Moderator edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
As you say it is a great pity that a product that is great electronically is let down by a poor strap - usually the other way around. Then to upset so many loyal customers - very difficult to understand.
Interesting that the replacement that they sent me has been fine - so presumably they have fixed the problem.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
My replacement is starting to bubble again

Sent from iPad
Best Answer

Hi guys thanks for feedback. 

Sorry for the issues that you had with your band. It's very important to us to have your thoughts in regards our product and your customer support interactions. Fitbit is always trying to provide great products and customer experience. Each scenario is different, but I think that you can use the option available according to your warranty information, as it was mentioned by our support team. 

If you haven't contacted our team, let me know so I can request a ticket for you.

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes